Who's Holding Down Your Town?

2»

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Check for the first two ALL BAY PRO. heaters on 45, now out on Disjoint records. Researched and overseen by none other than JINXLES. These are serious.

Cosign!!!

DJ Ferrari

• Check for the first two ALL BAY PRO. heaters on 45, now out on Disjoint records. Researched and overseen by none other than JINXLES. These are serious.

Check for the first two ALL BAY PRO. heaters on 45, now out on Disjoint records. Researched and overseen by none other than JINXLES. These are serious.

YES

What artists are on them?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    In terms of releases and history of the music sceen I had/have Grand Rapids (West MI) on lock. But, it is not much to speak of when compaired to its big brother Detroit, or neighbor Chicago.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

YES

Chuck Womack and the Sweet Souls - Ham Hock and Beans pt. 1 & 2

Deloris Ealy - Deloris is Back with Jerome and His Band
    b/w
    Victor Green - The Ghetto

• Check for the first two ALL BAY PRO. heaters on 45, now out on Disjoint records. Researched and overseen by none other than JINXLES. These are serious.

YES

b/w

Cool, thanks man. I'm assuming Groove Merchant has copies in stock?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

YES

b/w

word to your lola... (or so a friend always says)

yeah its cool to hear about other cats out there trying to get a history of what the early days of soul and funk were outside of just the major label artists... not everyone got paid in those days and its good to see some cats take knowledge of this... word.

yeah those two singles were a lot of fun to research and invest money and time into. to see what chris has done with them is fantastic. there will be more stuff on the horizon but for now those two projects are first.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

YES

b/w

yeah its cool to hear about other cats out there trying to get a history of what the early days of soul and funk were outside of just the major label artists... not everyone got paid in those days and its good to see some cats take knowledge of this... word.

yeah those two singles were a lot of fun to research and invest money and time into. to see what chris has done with them is fantastic. there will be more stuff on the horizon but for now those two projects are first.

That's great! Tell us more about it, please. And hopefully someone can point us (*hint*) to an online source for order soon.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    I would have to say in San Diego Steve Kader, and for hip hop, Steven Flex, and Scram One.....

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'd say Wayne Ware & Jeff Lemlich (Author of "Savage Lost") have the Miami Info on lock. Last time I talked to Wayne (over a year ago) he was putting together a Discography for "every" soul/funk record pre-76 that came from South Florida. Daunting Task! "Savage Lost" has a really nice disco on soul pre-70. Jeff is more of a garage/beat guy, but dudes knowledge runs deep.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

That's great! Tell us more about it, please. And hopefully someone can point us (*hint*) to an online source for order soon.

i dont know how chris is doing it... i saw it up on one site only so far... you just holler at the shop i guess or maybe chris can explain better or even josh.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Pittsburgh=Me.

naw for real, i dont think any heads care about pittsburgh's vast musical history enough to do research and dig up info on old heads

Good for you. I'm planning a trip out there soon. Got any gospelfunkraer for sale?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

i dont know how chris is doing it... i saw it up on one site only so far... you just holler at the shop i guess or maybe chris can explain better or even josh.

I think its safe to say it'll be up on TTLab soon, Chris and Vinnie distribute to those dudes.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    I also think THE SOULMAN has been holding it down for the WHOLE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Come On Man!! yall need to give it up to dude! I know if not for him a lot of this ish your seeing and reading wouldn't have been, dude put it down for the world!!!! FO REAL!!!!! Yeah their where other dude's but Soulman put it out for the world!!!! Hence the name WORLD OF BEATS!!!!!!!!!!!

YES

b/w

*ahem* or a NYC-centric one! I'll be picking up stock next week whilst in Cali for JUSTINS WEDDING

mwaahahahahahaha!

He's got Ross & Neta beat on the music nerdery for sure though.... lolzers blud!

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    *ahem* or a NYC-centric one! I'll be picking up stock next week whilst in Cali for JUSTINS WEDDING

Dope. I'm waiting to buy it from you then!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Pittsburgh=Me.

naw for real, i dont think any heads care about pittsburgh's vast musical history enough to do research and dig up info on old heads

Good for you. I'm planning a trip out there soon. Got any gospelfunkraer for sale?
    gospelfunkraer? not so much, but i got a few pittsburgh raers. holler at me on PM when you're comin down, i can show you some spots