TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Will any of this stop Murdoch buying BSkyB?

Some are calling this a Watergate moment, but surely the public are too apathetic now for any changes to happen.
    Make sure you sign this - http://www.avaaz.org/en/murdoch_messages_2/?cl=1145690708&v=9520

It only takes 30 seconds.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    After a directed online campaign (https://sites.google.com/site/notwad/ & twitter ) several companies are pulling their adds from NOTW: Vauxhall, Ford, Halifax, Virgin Hols, Co-op. Pondering: Thomson/FirstChoice, Npower,T-Mob, Vodafone.

Fuck Sky, get Virgin media + Tivo & ESPN football instead.

If I was a bit more savy I would love to be able to get Al-Jazeera Sport, as their EPL coverage is (was?) very good, but I guess you need one of those special satellite dishes?? Not sure, but I think they might have been forced out of EPL coverage as well now.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,788 Posts
    Okem said:
    Duderonomy said:

Some are calling this a Watergate moment, but surely the public are too apathetic now for any changes to happen.
    Make sure you sign this - http://www.avaaz.org/en/murdoch_messages_2/?cl=1145690708&v=9520

Done so earlier today at around 70,000. Just looked again and the number is past 90,000!

Hope it makes a difference.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Okem said:
    Duderonomy said:

Done so earlier today at around 70,000. Just looked again and the number is past 90,000!

Hope it makes a difference.
    Unfortunately, in this case, I seriously doubt it. It's the 3rd? one they've done. All had a pretty huge subscription, but none have really had any impact. Although some of their petitions do, so there is hope.

Murdock basically owns Cameron and the Torries so they'll do what he tells them. What 'the people' think about it is of no consequence.

It feels good to pile a little more pressure on these scummy little people either way.

-

Someone needs to do a 'Ross Kemp on Gangs' spoof about NOTW, Murdock et al.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    three girls i know were just in las vegas last week and apparently bumped into a fair sized portion of the Arsenal squad. the one of them (let's call her 'jill'....) apparently got around to humpin on the one called Nasri.

i believe this to be true because:
    a. she wouldn't know how to make up the story if she went to school for it
    b. still has no clue as to what an Arsenal is
    c. his name was 'sam nassirie' in her phone
    d. saw pics of the partying.
    e. she's a bit of an easy piece.

when i didn't believe her, she showed me all the dirty texts. nasty nasri 4ever!
    I'm tempted to ask for pictures..

Although putting such things on the internet could lead to all sorts. Does she realise she could possibly make a lot of monies from such things?

• Okem said:
    vintageinfants said:
    three girls i know were just in las vegas last week and apparently bumped into a fair sized portion of the Arsenal squad. the one of them (let's call her 'jill'....) apparently got around to humpin on the one called Nasri.

i believe this to be true because:
    a. she wouldn't know how to make up the story if she went to school for it
    b. still has no clue as to what an Arsenal is
    c. his name was 'sam nassirie' in her phone
    d. saw pics of the partying.
    e. she's a bit of an easy piece.

when i didn't believe her, she showed me all the dirty texts. nasty nasri 4ever!
    I'm tempted to ask for pictures..

Although putting such things on the internet could lead to all sorts. Does she realise she could possibly make a lot of monies from such things?

no, she absolutely doesn't realise. she's a tad thick.

things started to slowly fire for her when i explained to her that he's kind of a big deal. i tried to explain that it was even a huge thing that he was there with arsenal considering him possibly leaving the team. but..... girls and sports..... or better yet, north american girls and 'soccer'.

when i see her next i'm really going to grill her on the topic to see what else i can get out of her.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

A charming video of London, the home of no black people.

Wenger says he wants to keep Fabergas AND Nasri. Tells other big clubs to do one. A short interview here fellow Goonerz.
    Yay!

They'll probably both be gone by August.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,911 Posts
    Some chants which have recently made me chuckle:

"Ohhhhhhhh! We're half way there! Ohh-ohh! Aliadiere!"

"Let's talk about Cesc baby, lets talk about Flam-in-i, let's talk about Theo Walcott, Freddie Ljungberg and Henry, let's talk about Cesc."

Saw this the other day and thought it was quite funny!

Man, some good news at last... I've heard a rumour that Arsenal have finally sold Almunia.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    bendtner might also leave
    borrusia dotrmund would be a great fit for him

almunia's mistakes single handedly ruined his rating/career one after another
    szczeny starting with fabiansky as backup could be a very good situation for a decade

pcmr said:
    bendtner

Could be a decent player at a team where he is a first-choice striker, but as the third/fourth choice behind Van Percy, Arshavin, Chamakh, and even Walcott, he routinely fluffed his lines. If he'd hit Adebayor back, I think there'd be more resistance from fans to keep him. If he'd scored that golden chance away to Barca...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yep
    he provides heinght in the air but will be 4th fiddle behind chamakh
    so better he leaves

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    We've just spent ??20m on Stuart Downing. He's good, but ??20m good? Not sure about that.

Oh, well, this is what buying British has always been about in the Prem era. Kenny, Cannoli and John Henry may as well start walking round with "MUG ME" signs around their necks.

Can't decide which is worse, the top or the vid. I am not the footy-shirt-wearing type but this is just... ARGH MY EYES!

Liam not endearing himself to anyone. Again.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    This is also appalling.

• I'm happy to say the fact that Oasis had split and Liam had started his own band had completely passed me by. However, having just spent a few minutes on youtube I can say that their music is a fucking embarrassment; it's like someone trying to play Oasis trying to play the Beatles. Who even buys this stuff any more?

As for the new City kit, it's not that bad. I hope they keep the sash away kit though - I thought that was pretty sharp. On the other hand the new Liverpool third away kit is garbage. And blue?

Not sure what I think of this one yet...

neil_something said:

Does he look happy? Does he look like he'll be wearing that next season?

The Argentina international Sergio Ag??ero has given the green light to an approach from Manchester City after admitting he wants to leave Atl??tico Madrid.

Maybe it's the Oasis connection that has top players batting their eyelids at Citeh.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    aguero is a logical replacement for tevez
    but he wants to stay in spain and if real can't get neymar they might go for him

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    neil_something said:

not really down for this
    yall need to check this uruguay-argentina match

Insulting penno.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    How the keeper doesn't save that is beyond me.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The Mercury 2011 nominations were released today:

Adele - 21
    Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi
    Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys!
    Everything Everything - Man Alive
    Ghostpoet - Peanut Butter Blues and Melancholy Jam
    Gwilym Simcock - Good Days At Schloss Elmau
    James Blake - James Blake
    Katy B - On A Mission
    King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Diamond Mine
    Metronomy - The English Riviera
    PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
    Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy

/discuss

Okem said:

Adele - 21
    Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi
    Katy B - On A Mission

/discuss

Have only heard of Tiny Tempa (but I think last year he made a far bigger impact than this, so must be out of the running?), James Blake (for those weird remixes), and those tossers Elbow (haven't they already won the mercury?). Call me an elitist snob, but I avoid pop like the plague.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    You might like Ghostpoet Duder. He's an interesting British Mc type.

I've heard some stuff from most of them, which is kinda a surprise to me. Maybe because I've been finding news music interesting again lately. I even have a soft spot for Katy B, she's like a Peckham Joss Stone. 'Katy on a mission' (produced by Benga) is pretty good bit of crossover Uk dance/bass music imo.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Okem said:
    Adele - 21
    Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi
    Katy B - On A Mission
    /discuss

Going to be PJ Harvey isn't? Good album tho'. Metronomy should be in with an outside chance. I just don't get the Anna Calvi stuff, all a bit pomp and no ceremony, y'get meh?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Okem said:

Adele - 21
    Anna Calvi - Anna Calvi
    Katy B - On A Mission

/discuss

I think I may devote some Spotify time today to checking many of these out as think the only full album I've heard out of these is the James Blake one which is whiney, self important, dull, and undid almost all the good will I had from him after the previous two EPs.

Have heard a fair bit of the Katy B thanks to my increasingly dubious associations with the youth and thought bits of it sounded pretty good. Definitely a real late nineties garage vibe to it in parts but stuff like On A Mission is top notch pop.

Am worryingly familiar with the bulk of that list. I think Adele will landslide it but if it were up to me, heads it's Tinie, tails Katy B. "Light On" bangs regular round our gaff (Me no go home when the rest are sated, Retention of motion whilst illuminated-R)