Do You Believe? UFO-related

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I believe that if I saw what I thought were UFO's and I had a camera I would focus on nothing but the UFO's when filming.

I believe that if it were a hoax, and I were in on said hoax, I would be more interested in filming the people on the street and their reaction to the hoax.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I agree with Rock... why the hell does the guy keep pointing the camera elsewhere and walking around, there is a flippin UFO in the sky... how are you gonna take your eyes off it like that?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    meatyogre said:
    I agree with Rock... why the hell does the guy keep pointing the camera elsewhere and walking around, there is a flippin UFO in the sky... how are you gonna take your eyes off it like that?

Well, his camera and his eyes are two different things. In that kind of light, looking at the sky, you wouldn't be able to see whatever is in the sky through the screen on your camera, so you sort of have to choose one or the other. I'm not saying I think this is real, but that doesn't really punch a hole in it.

Whatever I believe, that footage wouldn't change it one way or the other.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Its Meatyogre!

• Ugh... no.

This looks like an After Effects compositing tutorial made by some scrub on youtube

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    At this point in time, is there any footage that wouldn't be suspect?

• Options
    The dumbass disclaimers at the beginning and a look at the guy's Youtube page are all I need to dismiss this.

• Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i believe in adobe/cgi

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I believe in viral marketing.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    live weather cam, weather dude reacts, gets caught off guard as an object out of the blue enters from the right on the screen..

• StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
    I really don't know whether to believe at this point. The more I read about the phenomenon, the less I feel I understand what is actually going on. This footage takes the cake for me, even with all the debunking attempts...

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I think all footage these days can be ruled out, with editing technology as good and available as it is.

The day we really get visited by an alien spaceship, it'll only be legit if its on the news filmed live from 1500 different angles for a good hour.

And then UFO dudes will probably say the government created a fake UFO scam to distract us from a real UFO that they sold a nuclear weapon to in Darlington Wisconsin.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts

You'll want the music off. Gets very interesting about 2:50 in when the 12 mile tether snaps.

J i m s t e r said:

You'll want the music off. Gets very interesting about 2:50 in when the 12 mile tether snaps.

They are zooming in from 81 miles away and turning the exposure right up in order to see the tether, which makes ice particles suspended near the camera lens very visible.

This is why the dude isn't going "Holy shit, the tether is being jacked by a fleet of intergalactic space entities".

• just watch 7-11

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    ice particles

:icallbullshit:

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    ice particles

:icallbullshit:

It's obviously alien space craft....or flying monkeys......definitely one of those two......or maybe inter-gallactic frisbees being tossed by flying monkeys at alien space craft......definitely one of those three.....or possibly Satan's dandruff.

Grandfather said:

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Grandfather said:

I love this guy. Such a great talent for clear, entertaining, enthusiastic and fascinating explanations. He's really funny on the Daily Show as a guest.