RIP Peter Falk

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Actor Peter Falk has died at the age of 83. Falk won four Emmys for his work on Columbo and he also received two Oscar nominations during his career. Although his family members did not provide a cause of death, the actor had been suffering from Alzheimer???s disease and dementia. In 2009, a judge placed the actor under a conservatorship.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2011/06/24/actor-peter-falk-dies.html

Comments

• Options
    Columbo was one of my favorites as a kid. The interplay between Falk's character and guest killers played by people like Patrick McGoohan and Jack Cassidy and Robert Culp was always a blast.

One of the best. RIP.

• This one's for you...

• I grew up on Columbo. My mom made sure I watched it because it was one of her favorite shows. Peter Falk was also dope in Wings of Desire (one of my dad's favorite movies) so he held a pretty high place in my family household. Sad news. R.I.P. and thanks for the memories!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    RIP to a great actor who was so much more than Columbo

• 'just one more thing.....'

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    R.I.P. to a great actor with major presence. Hopefully he will be remembered for his films by and with Cassavetes as much as his tv work. Anyone who hasn't seen Husbands, have that experience soon!

• Falk was so underrated as an actor, and it's a shame that most only knew of him because of Columbo. The man had such a great voice that made you believe in the character he was playing. I loved him in The Great Race and Murder By Death, where he basically paid homage to himself. And how could I forget It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World? Greatest comedy of all time. In my opinion. Rest well, Peter.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    onetet said:
    Hopefully he will be remembered for his films by and with Cassavetes as much as his tv work.

Machine Gun McCain! Cassavetes/Rowlands were one of the best husband/wife duos

• edith head said:

Of course, but you can't front on Columbo, it was beautiful television and IMO something to be very proud of.

• Options
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    edith head said:

Of course, but you can't front on Columbo, it was beautiful television and IMO something to be very proud of.

I'm sure Falk was proud of it. He was responsible for a lot of the character quirks.

The "I don't own a television machine" crowd should stand down here. "Columbo" was a classic as much as "The Prisoner."