Options

Ron Artest Changing His Name

edited June 2011 in Strut Central
He wants to be called Metta World Peace.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6698183

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    He should change his name to Washedup Jones,

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He still has Tru Warrior stickers in the QB bodegas.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

b/w

Fuck this guy.......seriously.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    batmon said:
    He still has Tru Warrior stickers in the QB bodegas.

I walk by one everyday in Fulton Mall on the way to the train.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:

Yeah, first thing I thought of, too.

World was a fun and crazy player.

• dupe

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Artest as a celebrity is the perfect human, never hesitating to act on feeling and perfectly willing to admit how crazy his acts of whimsy have always been. Love that dude!

HarveyCanal said:
    Artest as a celebrity is the perfect human, never hesitating to act on feeling and perfectly willing to admit how crazy his acts of whimsy have always been. Love that dude!

He won the 2011 "Most Whimsical Clothsline" award as documented above.

Dude is a knucklehead and shouldn't be a celebrity on any level.

Of course I say this at a time when the name Kardashian is more recognizeable than Kennedy so what the hell do I know.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Y'all won the title. Let it go already.

HarveyCanal said:
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Y'all won the title. Let it go already.

I've been a St. Johns fan my whole life.

Artest was one of the most talented MF'ers I've ever seen.

But he's a knucklehead and just when you might forget that, he makes sure to remind us.

Brian Williams - Bison Dele

Will Artest's Jersey say PEACE or WORLD PEACE?

• I was listening to The Dan Patrick show today and they were talking about Artest's name change, and Dan Patrick was basically saying that if the coach took him out the game for a substition, will the announcers be saying "Peace out"? I think this will be a great move.

• HarveyCanal said:

• Options
    Lamar Odom should change his name to Kardashian. No first name, just Kardashian.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    what does "metta" mean?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    what does "metta" mean?

That you don't know how to spell Meta?

• Options
    rootlesscosmo said:
    what does "metta" mean?

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/buddharakkhita/wheel365.html

"The Pali word metta is a multi-significant term meaning loving-kindness, friendliness, goodwill, benevolence, fellowship, amity, concord, inoffensiveness and non-violence. The Pali commentators define metta as the strong wish for the welfare and happiness of others (parahita-parasukha-kamana). Essentially metta is an altruistic attitude of love and friendliness as distinguished from mere amiability based on self-interest. Through metta one refuses to be offensive and renounces bitterness, resentment and animosity of every kind, developing instead a mind of friendliness, accommodativeness and benevolence which seeks the well-being and happiness of others. True metta is devoid of self-interest. It evokes within a warm-hearted feeling of fellowship, sympathy and love, which grows boundless with practice and overcomes all social, religious, racial, political and economic barriers. Metta is indeed a universal, unselfish and all-embracing love."

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts

• :killin_it:

• He didn't throw the shoe into the stands lol. He gently chucked it to the side and out of the way.