London...what's good?

dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Strutters,

I'll be spending 4 nights in London over the July 4th weekend (celebrating America's independence...or something like that...) on my way to Greece for my friend's wedding. Besides the touristy stuff, can anyone recommend things to check out/not check out?

I'm always down to meet up with people too being that I know no one and will be on my own.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Isnt this what the City Guide is for?

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    True, but also seeing if anyone would like to meet up.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Check out Brick Lane on Sunday from around 10am - a random mix of flea market, stalls, food shops, funky shops, hipsters, and locals and drunks. Walk 2 minutes up the road to Spitalfields market where you'll find a few record stalls and tons of restaurants. Go and have a wander and a coffee at the Tate Modern gallery and look out over the Thames, St Pauls etc for one of the best views of London. If you want to blow ??50 then Lou Reed's playing over in West London on the Monday night and. I'd recommend doing a red bus tour - touristy, yes, but I've lived here for 20 years and even as Londoner it's great. Soho still has a couple of record shops but if you want to do some digging then head north for Essex Road in Islington where you'll find Flashback and Haggle 100 yards apart, or go west over to Notting Hill where you'll find Honest Jon's and Intoxica. Done.