Vintage Gear Strut (Rep Yours-Related)

2»

Comments

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    billbradley said:
    InnerSpace said:

Sold this to buy my McIntosh XR7's... I still write myself notes that I post around the house that say, "you made the right decision"

I had to see what it sounded like and found this youtube video

Fender Rhodes Student Model (1968): pretty much the first of the Rhodes family. Ten of these would be in a classroom, all the piano students would have headphones on, the teacher would be at a switchboard that could go between each student. Rather ingenious for a teacher and a lot less noisy.

These models sound incredible! A lot different than a suitcase. A lot more mellow, chimey and warm. I recorded with it like crazy. Highly recommended for a studio, but not for live play. These things way a ton.

They came in red, yellow and mine was avocado green. They were made of a fiberglass shell and a solid steel "whale fin" base. Most called these the "Jetson's" model.

Lumin said:
    nice post
    thats a rhodes student edition

i recently got one of these. its the business.

what made you decide to sell it for the mcintosh's? those student editions are tough as shit to find.

I bought it for $300 and it had some issues that I didn't want to get into fixing. Sold it quick and for 5 times what I paid for it and bought the speakers for way under market value and had some cash left over. Also my wife and I moved into a smaller house and didn't have space for the rhodes.

It also went to a really great guy that would be using it way more than I ever did. All in all a good decision despite the rarity.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    Boss CE-1 (Chorus & Vibrato) so old it plugs straight into the wall 240volts, no adapter/battery for this thing!
    It's essentially the circuitry from a Roland Jazz Chorus amp in a stomp box.
    I want the roland jet phaser, which basically looks like this but a phaser, haven't played the chorus one though.

oh yeah and I forgot to post this guy

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts

i know you don't want to hear this, but SO NICE!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    one of these

plus one of these

which is powering these

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    I just picked this up the other day:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mrmatthew said:
    one of these

This is one of my 3 tables... love it!

What cartridge do you use?

corsic said:

i know you don't want to hear this, but SO NICE!

It's good to hear actually. I owned it for around 7 years so I got a lot of great use out of it. They are stunning in person!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RAJ said:

Liking the guitars... especially the Gretsch.

Just splurged on this a few months a go:

Gibson 1964 B 45 12 String Guitar

Tangerine for days!
    Nice 12-string, I don't have a 12 of any description & to get a nice one is on my "want" list.

My Gretsch is really nice, originally they are kind of stupid with non-adjustable bridges, retarded electrics & the stupid heavy/pointless string dampener. So I turned this into an infinitely more useable guitar by putting a Gibson Tune-o-matic bridge on it which sorted the notoriously bad intonation, discarded the string mute & essentially rewired the whole thing like a double humbucker Gibson plus coil-tap. Waaaayy better.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Love this topic.

i dont have much, but have a lot of wishes, they dont make stuff like that anymore..

for now this is it

and a dope ass 70's psychedlic couch ..not here yet ..its going to be imported by a friend.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    crazypoprock said:
    I just picked this up the other day:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very nice, I love my Moog. Never used that model before ... did you get it for a decent price?

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Which Moog do you have? I got it for a decent price...definitely below ebay prices! it was $800...i see it go for $1500 or so pretty often. I am just stoked to have a Moog...it will complement my rolands and sequential circuit pro-one nicely

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    crazypoprock said:
    Which Moog do you have? I got it for a decent price...definitely below ebay prices! it was $800...i see it go for $1500 or so pretty often. I am just stoked to have a Moog...it will complement my rolands and sequential circuit pro-one nicely

Nice! I've only seen the big ass Memory Moogs, never this one.

I've got a MicroMoog and f*^king love it. Way better than a Rouge and around the same size ... plus it doesn't drift like the Minimoog usually does.

Would love an ARP and Oberheim Matrix to add to the collection!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Raj, you still have your Akai 614? I would say it's now officially in the 'vintage' category.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    did someone say 614?

• with a heavy heart I parted with my modified version of the below about 8 months ago... Utility bill..... Ouch..

I might not have been using it guitar wise in quite some time, but a MIC through it during BBQ mix sessions really added another layer...

Sorely missed.....

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    amps = 68' Ampeg gemini, 69, fender princeton, 196? Harmony amp

Rack = Re-201 and 70's Soundworkshop Spring reverb are vintage

Guitar= Harmony Rocket 1969
    Attached files

Roland ep30 - cheap piano sounds

Rhodes 78' - Was alright but had bad keyboard action, as do most rhodes.Sold it.. You can the princeton better underneath it

Wurlitzer teachers console - sold this one, got to be a nuance and was too big to gig with. Got a nord electro 3 to replace both keyboards. It's really good but I think I'll want a wurli 200a again someday.
    Attached files

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    dope gear beatsoup, what do you prefer the rhodes or the wurlitzer?

btw: you guys must have some chill ass neighbours or live in stand alone houses..

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    my kind of thread!

love that maestro gear, so funky looking. I've got a PS-1A phase shifter in the post to me right now actually

here's some shots of my amassed junk

Rhodes Home Piano and Korg PE-1000:

Various Ukes/Mandolins, Yamaha CS-15, Optigan, Watkins Westminster Amplifier:

Omnichord, Selmer Treble n' Bass 100W Amp, Pioneer Tube Spring Reverb, Korg Stage Echo (Tape), Boss Delay/Chorus. Ibanez Harmonizer, Peavey Valverb, dbx 160x.I love crappy early digital effects

Jamal said:
    dope gear beatsoup, what do you prefer the rhodes or the wurlitzer?

btw: you guys must have some chill ass neighbours or live in stand alone houses..

I prefer the wurlitzer mostly because of the action and playability. They both have great sounds though, I think a rhodes with wurlitzer action would be ideal.

I choose where I live and when I play pretty carefully. Haven't had any major complaints or issues over the years. Probably have annoyed some people tho.

that's a nice looking setup utters