ATCQ doc download

13»

Comments

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Herm said:
    I really enjoyed this. Thanks for posting! I could be wrong, but I doubt it'll be playing here when it's released.

this, and i can also verify the extra p appearance.

• Herm said:
    I could be wrong, but I doubt it'll be playing here when it's released.

Me too. I couldn't pass at the opportunity to see it now.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I've always been curious about their decision to censor certain curse words. Not all, just some. I kind of dig it, but it's weird. I was listening to low end yesterday and Phife says cock but is silenced out. On the next song their is an audible cock. (pasue to the max).

For some reason it kind of works and adds to the songs in a way, but I never understood the rationale for what did and didn't get censored. Maybe it's just a matter of songs being mixed individually and some got censored and some didn't, just because of different sessions. Either way, it always seemed deliberate. I think some songs have cursing and censoring within the same song.

There not their. Can't edit on the phone. ^^

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    audible cock
    --------

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    get this soap opera shit outta here. bunch of who hatts who bitches. fuckin ridiculous.

i would like a native tougue doc though.

but i dont give a rats fuck if mr muhhammad doesnt get along w jarobi.

they had their run. its a wrap.

• the whole thing is infused with a housewives of new jersey type manufactured strife.

competent post-mortem on the group, perfect video download for your phone as it's barely cinematic just a bunch of talking heads mostly. definitely beats paying $14 at the angelika or whatever.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    definitely beats paying $14 at the angelika or whatever.

yeah, rappaport found a new avenue to suck in. schitt could have been SO much better.

did anybody else notice that tip used the term 'boogie' to describe 80's r&b in the japanese record store?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    batmon said:

Could have been SO much worse too. See almost every other rap documentary ever. I see no point in seeing this in the theater, but I think it's still enjoyable. I think it's pretty good for what it is. At least they reach out to a lot of people. Even skef anslem is in the credits. I don't remember seeing Lucien though.

The beef, arguing is lame. Yes, would have been much better as a celebration of the catalog, native tongues, etc. Just a thorough documentation. I still thought this was decent though. I enjoyed seeing other people validate my love of Phife's seaman's furniture line and I enjoyed the seaman's commercial insert.

Things I learned from this film and this thread:

Tip kind of seems annoying. Maybe a dick.

What does Ali do? For one third of the group, his input is very minimal.

Tip yells at shows and I don't like it

Busta is a dick. Im a fan of some of his music, but fuck that guy. If you need more proof watch the bonus disc on the "I'm on my BS." album or whatever it was called. Such a boring, contrived, uninteresting person who just walks around doing all this lame posturing.

this the bullshit om talkin bout. who care if these cats are nice guys are not?

your never gonna be their friend. stop mixing the art with your personal agendas.

"Jarobi tried to talk to my mother when we saw them in Arizona in 97"........

Phife is not that good for allmthat discourse. Dude scores a couple of touchdowns on the second album and cats make him out to be some great mc. Hes not Scottie Pippen.

I still would like to see a native doc.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    The beef, arguing is lame. Yes, would have been much better as a celebration of the catalog, native tongues, etc. Just a thorough documentation. I still thought this was decent though. I enjoyed seeing other people validate my love of Phife's seaman's furniture line and I enjoyed the seaman's commercial insert.

Things I learned from this film and this thread:

Tip kind of seems annoying. Maybe a dick.

What does Ali do? For one third of the group, his input is very minimal.

Tip yells at shows and I don't like it

Busta is a dick. Im a fan of some of his music, but fuck that guy. If you need more proof watch the bonus disc on the "I'm on my BS." album or whatever it was called. Such a boring, contrived, uninteresting person who just walks around doing all this lame posturing.

smh

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    batmon said:

your never gonna be their friend. stop mixing the art with your personal agendas.

"Jarobi tried to talk to my mother when we saw them in Arizona in 97"........

Phife is not that good for allmthat discourse. Dude scores a couple of touchdowns on the second album and cats make him out to be some great mc. Hes not Scottie Pippen.

I still would like to see a native doc.

Truth

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    batmon said:

99.9% of all conversations on the internet are bullshit.

two Native "associates"......

X-Clan and Divine Styler.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    . I don't remember seeing Lucien though.
    Lucien doesn't want to do interviews, he always turns them down. At least that's what he told me when I asked him for an interview !

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    batmon said:

Rapaport's been saying that he went into the documentary with the question "will these guys ever make music again together?" All the drama is relevant from that perspective. And like it or not, "fans" tend to like to see the human side of artists. I don't think the average fan cares that much about finding Lonnie Smith records.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Damn, Red Alert looks old !

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    hertzhog said:
    Rapaport's been saying that he went into the documentary with the question "will these guys ever make music again together?"

Despite this being a false premise, I still enjoyed the movie. Tip didn't really come off too badly, IMO. He seemed to be maybe a harder worker than the more casual Phife. And Phife, man, I am not sure if wearing a Cookie Monster T-shirt and matching blue cap is the right 'fit when trying to start your "serious" career as a basketball scout.

P.S. And, yes, my heartstrings got pulled when they had that little De La intro and all the stuff about the Native Tongues. Also liked that bit about Prince Paul being a little, perhaps playfully, bitter about not getting the call for the Midnight Marauders cover.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    links dropping like flies!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    batmon said:
    get this soap opera shit outta here. bunch of who hatts who bitches. fuckin ridiculous.

but i dont give a rats fuck if mr muhhammad doesnt get along w jarobi.

they had their run. its a wrap.

Thank you.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    cove said:
    links dropping like flies!

CRY FOR HELP

• Is there still an active link anyone knows of?

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    Bummed I missed this! All the links are dead...

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    thanks for the links but is it possible to download without signing up for an account and giving out credit card info?

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Is there still an active link anyone knows of?
    http://t.co/cdhQeIE

• addicted to candy.

candy.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    audible cock

new band name

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I like how they're not ghetto.

The sugar addiction thing was a bad look for Phife, who is a dope MC compared to the crop of dudes coming out today.