Facebook Question

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
People keep sticking these things on my wall:
"Kelly answered the question, is Dan funny..."
Or some such nonsense.
I of course delete them with the quickness.

My question is, what are these?
If I try to click through to find out I get a page asking me to share info, so I close out.

Also who are these people who post this stuff?
Why did I agree to be their friends?
If these people are my friends, what should I call the people who I share my life with who I used to call friends, but now that word has a new meaning?

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it a ''game'' that spams peoples entire list...they did not answer about specifically about you
    when you delete it from your wall block the applicaiton at the same time

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    For what possible purpose?
    Why do people get out of the game?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    games on facebook is a can-of-worms
    you would be surprised at the games clicked on by your friends

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    The game was created to propogate by way of the involuntary 'OMG... look what your best friend said about you and your mom' baiting-type-poasts on various walls of people in your friend list.

What 'the game' gets out of it, is access to your information when you take the bait and install it.

I'm pretty sure thats the purpose.

I'm not sure why they want it though... at first I thought it might lead to some kind of made-for-adsense page to try and rake in ad click money.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    The "Questions" app lures you with "5 people said you were a good kisser - click here for the details" or somesuch, so you click, and then the app wants permission to your info. Once you grant this, it asks you 5 or so random Y/N questions about your friends before you can see it. Like, "Does Susie Q look good naked YES / NO / PASS". Of course, Susie Q will see this so be careful - You have to answer 5, excluding passes, before it fails to reveal the names of whoever said you were a good kisser / shit lover or whatevs.

In short:
    BAN

PS I am a good kisser.

• Says who?

Yo momma