'Nard VS. Don Blackman

tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
whipped both these out recently, had a solid listen AND have to say that 'Nard really is a better LP.

Same backing singers, producers, and even Don himself......plus the 'Nard came 1 year prior.

I'm sticking with the NARD on this one, any thoughts? I really can't see how a figure of 4 times be justified for Don Blackman....way overrated IMO

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i regret selling my don blackman
    but track for track nard wins
    however that one track on don blackman si better than any nard track

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    tokyobeats said:
    whipped both these out recently, had a solid listen AND have to say that 'Nard really is a better LP.

Same backing singers, producers, and even Don himself......plus the 'Nard came 1 year prior.

I'm sticking with the NARD on this one, any thoughts? I really can't see how a figure of 4 times be justified for Don Blackman....way overrated IMO

I agree with you I never understood the hype behind that Blackman LP.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Ha.. for a sec I thought I was in for a vid of Don Blackman getting interrogated by Nardwuar.

B/w

I'm going with Nard

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Nard fo sho

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    pcmr said:

but track for track nard wins
    however that one track on don blackman si better than any nard track
    this

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Ehhh, IMO, Heart's Desire and Holding You are both better than the best songs on Nard, as amazing as it is.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i got to say 'Nard

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    Ehhh, IMO, Heart's Desire and Holding You are both better than the best songs on Nard, as amazing as it is.

Holding You is a completely different vibe, In a good way!........this is what makes Don Blackman a ONE tracker!

Heart's Desire doesn't even come close, especially when you put it up against Master Rocker and Just Chillin' Out

• I was introduced to these albums at the same time so I feel just about the same about both, but if I must choose one record... Don Blackman.