Green Lantern

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central

i havent seen the movie yet.

Comments

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    I was a big fan of the Green Lantern series as a kid. I was one of the few who preferred DC to Marvel. After I found out Ryan Reynolds was gonna play Hal Jordan I was a little disappointed because he always brings a bit of cheesiness with him, but after watching him in Buried I gained renewed faith in his acting ability.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Escalante said:
    I was a big fan of the Green Lantern series as a kid. I was one of the few who preferred DC to Marvel. After I found out Ryan Reynolds was gonna play Hal Jordan I was a little disappointed because he always brings a bit of cheesiness with him, but after watching him in Buried I gained renewed faith in his acting ability.

I feel you.

He does the voice acting for the movie tie in video game, and he was fine. Nothing too over the top.
    Its a family/kids flick. So he's cool in my book.

I just have a fanboy thing about dudes who play one character playing another.
    Deadpool is a big name. And now he's GL. And Hannibal King from Blade....non mainstream comic.

Same for The Human Torch now playing Capt. America.

I cant stand this practice one bit. I dont want Bale playing another superhero.

batmon said:
    Escalante said:

I feel you.

He does the voice acting for the movie tie in video game, and he was fine. Nothing too over the top.

Deadpool is a big name. And now he's GL. And Hannibal King from Blade....non mainstream comic.

I'm sure that's an easy win for movie studios. "He did good as that character, he will do great as this one". And most of those actors don't come into the movie as a fan, so they don't see the big deal.

This post has me breaking out my old Green Lantern comics. I forgot I had the first few issues of the Mosaic series.

batmon said:
    Escalante said:

I feel you.

How is the video game by the way?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Saw the movie. It was good popcorn thing. Would put it on par with Thor.

motown67 said:
    Would put it on par with Thor.

dang

batmon said:
    How is the video game by the way?

Very fun.
    Not Arkaham Asylum level.

There are a gang of green willpower energy constructs that are available.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

dang

Did you not like Thor? Both had some light comedy that was good. Good action scenes. Nothing too serious however in the stories.

motown67 said:
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

dang

Did you not like Thor? Both had some light comedy that was good. Good action scenes. Nothing too serious however in the stories.

I liked Thor but it wasnt great.

The climax against Loki was a wack ass fist fight.
    The Destroyer fight was some studio lot crap o' doo-doo.
    He beats up one or two dudes at the Shield base.
    The action wasnt epic enuff IMO.
    This is THOR were talkin about.
    If Magneto can lift a Bridge, Submarine, and throw back guided missles, THOR should be doing the same EPIC shit in his flicks.
    The Destroyer fight should have been on some Transformers shit. The Destroyer is some real powerful shit.
    I dont own any of the Hulk movies and i wont be owning Thor.
    Sheeet that Spider-Man Rescue the Subway Train scene was bananas. Nothing in Thor was bananas.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    So this movie isn't just some super long infomercial for glow sticks?

better than Thor but not by much.

DCs movies have darker tone than the Marvel joints.