Sandal Strut

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Its that time of the year.
Need to let the dogs breath a little bit and i need to step up my game from flipflops.
Who here rocks sandals? And who would never be caught dead in a pair of sandals?

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    From southwest -> west coast, strut approves of sandals
    everyone else hatts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No sandals like leather slides and shit, but str8 up Brazil flip flops are a must.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    No sandals like leather slides and shit, but str8 up Brazil flip flops are a must.

I wear sandals but not flip flops.

b/w

In 1976 I got hired to work at the NYC Port Authority "Bus Terminal Book Bar" book store when I walked in barefoot and shirtless wearing yellow overalls. Walking around NYC barefoot seems like totally insanity to me now.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    During the day at the beach:

Evenings at the villa:

Even these Sperry's are tight:

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    never

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Got my flippy floppies

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    sandals are too biblical for my liking

I stiil have a $300 pair of Miu Miu mens sandals that are outdated.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I wouldnt ever be caught dead in some old man dress sandals but I wear flip flops like 10 months out of the year. The tan lines on my foot are the proof. Too hot over here, I think its been over 100 everyday this week.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Sandals and leather slides with some linen pieces in the summer is a must

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    Sandals and leather slides with some linen pieces in the summer is a must

:dominoes:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I've only recently been able to bring myself to wear flip flops in NYC. When I first moved here in the mid 80's the potential for a fight or flight scenario was way to high for me to sport them. Now I wear them when it's hot and shoes when it's not.

I don't see where sandals fit in the equation.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I used to shoplift in my silly teenage years. I never planned it, I was just like "Hey, I want this. I think I'll take it." Because of that, I always had to be ready to run like "pyoooom!" I haven't stolen so much as cable in over 18 years yet to this day I 1) cringe slightly when I walk by alarm sensor detectors expecting them to go off and 2) wear pyoooom!-friendly shoes at all times. Silly, I know.

But when I DID wear sandals, I rocked brown ones with white socks (yup) and baggy jeans hanging over 'em. Usually with a matching woven leather belt just slightly longer then it needed to be, with the excess flipped and tucked under and dangling a bit down my left thigh. Might bring that look back. Dead serious.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    not really rocking flip-flops/sandals anymore but this local NOLA business makes cool ones that i'm pretty sure are fair-trade imported from Thailand and supposedly really comfortable:

http://www.feelgoodz.com/

• Horseleech said:
    I've only recently been able to bring myself to wear flip flops in NYC. When I first moved here in the mid 80's the potential for a fight or flight scenario was way to high for me to sport them. Now I wear them when it's hot and shoes when it's not.

I don't see where sandals fit in the equation.

We were wandering around Van Dyke houses the other night in flip flops. I've noticed around alot of project housing Jenga like stacks of empty shoe boxes, nike etc. This may explain this incredulous looks we were getting at times. I loathe to think what might have been had we rocked sandals.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    No flipflops in the city.

Afraid of sandals, because they seem more easily worn in the city than flipflops. No flipflops in the city, but sandals are almost flipflops.

Flipflops iz a must at the beach and post-hiking/mountainbiking.

No flipflops in the city.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Cant stand flip-flops. Theyve been on my feet for a total of 5 minutes in my life

Sandals are mostly just too ugly

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Not in a million years. And I have nice feet.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Handmade out of goat...

...and used car tire:

I wear flip flops around the house all day all year round but on the street only one designated pair (at the moment the one above) and only within a 1 block radius if the dogs have to go on one of their short late night walks.

Sandals? Never!

• i know they're so ridiculous that it's almost impossible to establish whether or not they're a good look, but i rock these shits around the house.

[and maybe quick trips up to the corner store]

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    i know they're so ridiculous that it's almost impossible to establish whether or not they're a good look, but i rock these shits around the house.

Ballsy!

Is this the Hunter S. Thompson edition with a wooden coke spoon attached to the top one?

• i know they're so ridiculous that it's almost impossible to establish whether or not they're a good look, but i rock these shits around the house.

Ballsy!

Is this a wooden coke spoon attached to the top one?

HA!

no. they have golf tee holders on the straps for some godawful reason. i dispatched those with the quickness. not that i would ever think to wear these in even a golf course parking lot.

all that aside, they're actually shockingly comfortable.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    THESE. DEAL.

vintageinfants said:
    all that aside, they're actually shockingly comfortable.

I got racehorse legs so it's Ok etc...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

I spend a lot of time at the beach in summer here, and these are :necessary:

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Fuck, sandals are the absolute ugliest things you can possibly put on your feet. Mainly because feet are the most repulsive-looking appendage on the human body. Keep that shit under wraps!

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts

These have been a life long personal favorite.
    Great for around the house during the cold months, and personal comfort during the hot weather, sans-dirty urban streets, bars, and public transportation,

the_dL said:

As functional as these may be they have sex appeal of an old celery stick.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ^^^^
    hahaha
    havainas for me but since i wear othopedic gear sandals are beach only for me

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Funny, I only wear them around the house or to the corner store too.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    batmon said:
    the_dL said:

As functional as these may be they have sex appeal of an old celery stick.

true that!
    but I take my childeren to the beach every week end in the summer, and its either these or sneakers, and sneakers and the beach are a big no