Whole Foods Parking Lot

13»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    people who don't eat meat oftentimes look unhealthy.

*ducks and runs*

Leela: What do you people want?
    Free Waterfall Junior: We're with mankind for ethical animal treatment. Popplers are little creatures. You got to stop harvesting them for food.
    Bender: Or what?
    Free Waterfall Junior: Or we'll boycott Fishy Joe's.
    Leela: You're vegetarians. Who cares what you do?
    Free Waterfall Junior: Shut up!
    Leela: Animals eat other animals. It's nature.
    Free Waterfall Junior: No it isn't. We taught a lion to eat tofu.
    Lion: *cough* *pause* *cough*

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

*ducks and runs*

Hilarious

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Good to see my boys getting some love and hate on the Strut!

I used to be in a DJ crew with iPhone Guy and DJ Dave, we did the hip hop show at UCLA when I was there (Where's DJ Anna?!?!). Dave is a sick ass drummer too and was in the jazz ensemble while we were in school together. Both are very talented producers, and I'm glad to see them branching out from advertising into doing their own stuff now. Granted, this is them just having fun, but it's well done nonetheless.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

*ducks and runs*

Hilarious

"I keep losing at deals"

edith head said:
    bassie said:
    edith head said:
    I've been calling people twerps like crazy these days.

I called someone on the Board a twerp a few months ago...and now I can't remember who it was.
    I guess that makes sense.

Dr. Wu? Just a random guess

!!!!

No...a more recent troll, if memory serves.
    I think it was the guy whose avatar was the LARD ep cover?

edit - that reads as if I am calling Wu a (less recent) troll, I'm not.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    lamprey eel

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whole foods here has a thowed bacon section
    i've never seen more white people in a single spot than the whole foods here though

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    prof_rockwell said:
    Good to see my boys getting some love and hate on the Strut!

I used to be in a DJ crew with iPhone Guy and DJ Dave, we did the hip hop show at UCLA when I was there (Where's DJ Anna?!?!). Dave is a sick ass drummer too and was in the jazz ensemble while we were in school together. Both are very talented producers, and I'm glad to see them branching out from advertising into doing their own stuff now. Granted, this is them just having fun, but it's well done nonetheless.

I'm here! Just got back from Whole Foods...

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    I am glad that Portland has alternatives to Whole Foods.
    I am not even sure why they bother to compete in this market.

Any Portland folks shop at Whole Foods?

I was working right across the street when the Whole Foods opened downtown in the pearl so I would go in sometimes. Their stuff is good quality if expensive. I prefer to go to Nature's. I remember that the food from the Whole Foods deli counter tasted like healthy was prioritized over flavorful.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    bacon is good for me! has its own facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126037219823

• thropethrope 750 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Snapping said:
    LaserWolf said:

I was working right across the street when the Whole Foods opened downtown in the pearl so I would go in sometimes. Their stuff is good quality if expensive. I prefer to go to Nature's. I remember that the food from the Whole Foods deli counter tasted like healthy was prioritized over flavorful.

Do you still live in Portland? Whole Foods Bought Natures years ago, after GNC and some other companies had bought them.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I just want to share what I usually get at Whole Foods:

- Freshly grinded peanut butter from the machine. It's a must to make a face as though you're pinching a loaf when doing so.
    - Dr. Bonner's Peppermint Soap. That shit makes my parts tingle! Showering has never been so much fun!

What about you?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I decided to splurge once and get an expensive chicken from Whole Foods to see what all the fuss was about. I paid almost $20 for some bird that was free range, organic, talked nice to...etc. It tasted just like a Foster Farms bird that I could have bought for 10 bucks less.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Snapping said:
    LaserWolf said:

Do you still live in Portland? Whole Foods Bought Natures years ago, after GNC and some other companies had bought them.

Oops, meant to type New Seasons above. I did used to go to Natures way back when, but I remember things getting a little weird when they were bought by GNC - disgruntled employees and stuff like that. When (the first?) New Seasons store opened on SE Division I lived relatively nearby and thought they were great. In spite of their steady growth I think they are still probably the best grocery store in town.

Other than Portland, I am not sure where most of you folks reside. Is it that there are no small independent health food stores in your area or it's the convenience and wide selection that you like?

Between produce, dry goods and keeping myself fresh and clean, I do have to go to two or three different small spots to get what I need...but I can't do Whole Foods; my wallet can't afford the prices and my tolerance can't handle the clientele.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Whole Foods stuff we get: the Peruvian Bananas whip the shit outta dole or chiquita 'naners. Also the 365 brand soy milk is the best tasting I've had, plus they have 2 packs that are actually cheaper than silk or whatever at other grocery stores. We base the other stuff we get on what coupons we have...too expensive without those.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    When I go to Denver we stay across the street from a WF. It serves well as a take out or eat in healthy restaurant. So hard to eat healthy on the road.

I never cared for Natures. I used to shop mostly at FM or Safeway. Then when TJ's opened in SE we would do some shopping there and at Limbo, but in those days TJ's selection was less than what it is now.

These days, in the warmer months we shop at the Farmers Market and TJs. In the winter New Seasons and TJs. New Seasons is insanely expensive, but I can't hate. Groceries and pets is about all we spend our weekly money on.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

:ehhx2:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dude made a comeup

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    bassie said:
    Other than Portland, I am not sure where most of you folks reside. Is it that there are no small independent health food stores in your area or it's the convenience and wide selection that you like?

Between produce, dry goods and keeping myself fresh and clean, I do have to go to two or three different small spots to get what I need...but I can't do Whole Foods; my wallet can't afford the prices and my tolerance can't handle the clientele.

Small, independent health food stores? I personally can't name any in my area off the top of my head. If you asked one of my neighbors, they would say Whole Foods. Most everything in my local grocery stores is produced by Kraft or Nabisco.

But since pizza is considered a vegetable now (even though tomatoes are actually a fruit), I guess some local pizzerias would now count as independent health food stores.

I don't have an issue with the clientele at my local WH. I live in a quiet bedroom community, and would be happy to see the seniors from my local gym at the market.

Bacon video made this thread so worth it. Thank you.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    edith head said:
    bassie said:
    edith head said:
    I've been calling people twerps like crazy these days.

I called someone on the Board a twerp a few months ago...and now I can't remember who it was.
    I guess that makes sense.

Dr. Wu? Just a random guess

Ouch. Bassie and I have had some contretemps in the past but I thought all was forgiven. And now Audrey brings up all those feelings again.

• every time the new ad comes on I hope for a rhyme of "four different options" with "never that, son"

• Almond said:

Bacon video made this thread so worth it. Thank you.

• It seems like the people who work at the grocery are so kind and that the customers are very rude.

If I say, "excuse me can I get by?" the customers are not nice. Even if I say, "thank you" they do not say, "you are welcome." On the other hand, the people who work at the grocery store are pleasant and helpful. (see the sample from the video)