TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,899 Posts
    Pls to not come with "Man of The Match Cards" and things of that nature. Real Punditz know the deal.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Whilst there's no doubting that I did say:

I'd take Fabregas and that's about it.

I was responding to Duder's outrageous trolling that only 3 players from Man Utd would make the Arsenal team.

I do indeed rate Nasri and without trying to wind up the Gooner Strut faithful too much, it would be nice to steal one of your best players.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    15 million + Howard Webb and he's yours.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    Okem said:
    15 million + Howard Webb and he's yours.

LOL.
    That only leaves Man U with two decent players.

DocMcCoy said:
    Duderonomy said:

Ta for that, Duder. I'll have to check that Leuchtturm place out, as it's in my kiez. That part of Schoneberg (Crellestrasse) is fucking fantastic. There's a bar at the top of the street called Cafe Bohemia which is ace. It stinks of ciggies and the landlady plays Marty Robbins, Guy Mitchell and Perry Como tapes all day. It's got German versions of all those signs you used to see in pubs. like "Free Beer Tomorrow" and "You Don't Have To Be Mad To Work Here, But It Helps!" behind the bar. It's like a German version of the pub in Early Doors.

Always wanted to check Berlin out after a friend of mine* who's now the wrong side of 40 told me that he lived there for a year in the late '80s, auf wedersein pet-style, and that there was a fantastic whore house located in an old hotel with plush carpets, red curtains and similar night-at-the-opera opulance, and, in his cockney-voice, well pukka birds that loved it for cheap. And I mean loved it.

Can you still smoke in bars over there?

* Strutters with a good memory will know this friend as the Spurs fan who wrote me an email after Arsenal got done by them for the first time in years that I felt was funny enough to share on these pages.
    I had asked for it tbf.

Who's going to manage Chelsea?

How funny was it to see Hughes walk out of the Fulham job, only to be told by Villa to do one?

Will this man make a return to the prem?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    well pukka birds that loved it for cheap. And I mean loved it

By 'it' he probably meant money. I have a Dutch cousin... wait let me rephrase that. I have a cousin from Holland, who has lived quite a colorful life, including doing time for white collar crime, and he took me and a couple of mates out for a night on the town in Berlin in the early 90s. He claimed Berlin's Eastern European spandex-clad barbie hookers were the hottest he'd seen in all his travels around the world. I am not going to lie, they looked amazing. Quite a contrast from the Reeperbahn in Hamburg where a bunch of bored looking slappers with money belts queue up outside Burger King in broad daylight waiting for someone sad/drunk enough to holler.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Who's going to manage Chelsea?

[/img]
    apparently turkey's coach
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/09/turkish-fa-chelsea-guus-hiddink

i like the neymar move but want torres out

meanwhile bar??ca are annoucing their frugal spending ''only'' 60 mil
    arsenal missed out on bojan as he is goign to udinese to soften the purchase of alex sanchez (that will be great if alves gets injured)
    udinese is clearing out everyone but they will be fine in europa league
    i don't think bar??a will be going for giusseppe rossi but they need to get fabregas now!
    and someone to sure up the back
    anyone want to take the other milito....half-price....anyone?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    In the top 5 goals of the year IMO. Yeah, I know, MLS. But damn...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

pcmr said:

Yeah, great goal.

There have been some decent goals this week in MLS.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    DOR said:
    pcmr said:

Yeah, great goal.

There have been some decent goals this week in MLS.

this was particularly hard for me to watch because alan gordon is from my home town(long beach, cali) and also because he's played for the los angeles galaxy for the past 6 years up until this season.

peace, stein. . .:)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    MLS has stepped up its game in the past 3 years
    i might cop the 200$ season tickets beeing so close to the stadium
    for once i am happy to have a mafioso owner

trasfer season so far
    i am happy for my boy demba ba he will fit in great at castle and avoid everton irrelevance
    (the senegal team will be coming strong in 2014 inch allah!)
    what do you gunnaz think of the gervinho singing...he was not just a flash in the pan for ivory coast and i can see him being a better ??bou??

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    pcmr said:

trasfer season so far

what do you gunnaz think of the gervinho singing...he was not just a flash in the pan for ivory coast and i can see him being a better ??bou??

word on the MLS, thinking about getting a half season for the Redbulls here in a bit.

Gervinho has all the making (in my opinion) of an Eduardo de Silva type of buy. Good player from weaker league but with respectable Int'l caps. Basically, its exactly the type of buy AW has made his norm. Which is good an all, but not exactly the earth shattering move you would like to see made to imply that TOP talent is needed. (still hoping Real get Neymar opening the door for Benzema to Arsenal....which I know is a pipe dream).

Also with Gervinho and Chamahk, you got 2 dudes that are gone for African Cup of Nations for a month. AW better make sure Mr Glass himself (RVP) is not the only striker we have for a month...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    jlee said:
    (still hoping Real get Neymar opening the door for Benzema to Arsenal....which I know is a pipe dream).

as a barcelona/chelsea fan you can guess my opinion on neymar
    he is very talented and will be molded correctly with the sele??ao,chelsea or real
    i can see real splashing and they have been picking up super young dudes
    maybe they can swing the pendulum when bar??a gets older (we need cesc!)

benzema has his issues at real but his numbers are class he would be better than bendtner imo
    selling kaka/benzema real could get neymar
    it's hilarious that while santos are overpricing him mancity are willing to pay but neymar does not want to pull a robinho. I really hope the kid has a head on his shoulders (his hairdo makes me think otherwise)
    he is also getting a terrible flopping reputation early
    the brazil squad with nilmar,neymar and pato will be beautiful to watch in july

I'm trying to decide if this is more ridiculous than Van Percy's sending-off against Barcelona for taking a shot.

Coming to work looking like Common is a straight red in my book.

Yeah, my first thought was that he's done an Anelka, but there's also an Electric Circus vibe to that.

It was quite a vigorous pat to the head, but when the most frequent complaint I hear Americans make about football is 'man the **** up', it seems like an odd decision. Would that have got a player sent off in the NBA?

Is this the summer then?
    There were headlines predicting a heatwave a couple of months back, now I'm wondering if the govmnt tells the Met Office to make these 'bullshit calls' to try and pep-up the economy*.

*Yeesh, I spend too much time reading Americanisms.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ridiculous card, hilarious common comment...henry is finally playing well though...so maybe it works

happy about getting villas-boas...

now here is a classic canada/brit clash with footy references
    starts at 1:30
    the manU/john o'shea line is cheeky

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    but actually here is where the real canada-birt clash was decided

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    pcmr said:

He'd have been my choice for the LFC job in the event Kenny wasn't offered it full-time. This time next season, he'll wish he'd been offered it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    pcmr said:

He'd have been my choice for the LFC job in the event Kenny wasn't offered it full-time. This time next season, he'll wish he'd been offered it.

yep with meireles and the type of hardworking squad it would have been a great fit
    with chelsea i am still unsure...i watched a lot of porto and he seems to have balanced the egos and played the players perfectly...hope he can magically do the same at stammford bridge. He does have 3 years experience with the club...however huge pressure will already be applied by the end of august

If you guys get Jeffren it will be a great signing..with only the EPL to focus on i fear LFC
    hopefully barcelona gets a similar deal to the roma/bojan deal so we can bring him back but this may frustrate him
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/06/23/2544226/jazzy-jeffren-the-fresh-prince-of-somewhere-why-the
    lol @ jazzy jeffren

pcmr said:
    but actually here is where the real canada-birt clash was decided

Yeah!

So conflicted on who to cheer on with that game. But that goal did have me happy to see.

Looked like an artificial pitch with that bounce?

Ashley Young to Man U. I guess that's next season all sewn up, eh Junior?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    pcmr said:

trasfer season so far
    i am happy for my boy demba ba he will fit in great at castle and avoid everton irrelevance

i see almost no similarities in the games of gervinho and eboue.

• thrope said:
    pcmr said:

trasfer season so far

i see almost no similarities in the games of gervinho and eboue.

Yeah...Gervinho is a younger,quicker Drogba for me.

The only thing Eboue reminds me of is the African bloke who used to show up at Desmonds.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i didn't wanna invoke drogba but yeah thats pretty much where im at. younger smaller drogba. eboue is a bull in a china shop.