Stanley Cup Final

2»

Comments

• the cops were mega restrained given the bullshit they had to put up with but i can't help but think they deserve some of the blame for not planning better. big black eye for the city. shameful schitt.

check out what the evil crowd does when somebody tries to be a good samaritan by trying to stop looters at 3:15:

http://www.realradio.fm/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=425022&article=8715092

or this dude who tries to save his truck:

• who brought all the ladies?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    ultimate in poor losing?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    what an incredible playoff run. so many highs and lows and 3 different 7 game series, I don't know what to do with myself now that it's over. This feels extra special because this particular team and group of players, coaches, has gone through some heartbreaking playoff exits the past few years, only to use that experience to find the will to always fight back and never back down until the last game was won.

thanks for the congrats, V.I. and sorry about that beef earlier, I was pretty emotional about Horton going down and didn't want to hear about keeping his head up. You have a good team who made it all the way to the last game of the year, and will surely be right back in there next year. You just ran up against a hungrier team and a goaltender who was playing out of his mind.

Timmy Thomas FTW. last 2 months greatest sports experience of my life.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    This shit brings out the fascist in me, rubber bullets in the face...of all the shit in the world to riot over, a goddamn game, which means not a fucking thing in the grand scheme of things. Not only the pricks destroying the poor guys truck, but every jackoff cheering and filming the shit. Over a goddamn game. Nothing more. You have have to be borderline retarded to react this way over a fucking game. Rubber bullets in the face.

crabmongerfunk said:
    the cops were mega restrained given the bullshit they had to put up with but i can't help but think they deserve some of the blame for not planning better. big black eye for the city. shameful schitt.

check out what the evil crowd does when somebody tries to be a good samaritan by trying to stop looters at 3:15:

http://www.realradio.fm/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=425022&article=8715092

or this dude who tries to save his truck:

ugh leave it to Vancouver to steal the spotlight from our Championship by throwing a temper tantrum.

the fans reflect the team.

• SoulOnIce said:
    ugh leave it to Vancouver to steal the spotlight from our Championship by throwing a temper tantrum.

the fans reflect the team.

most of the fans and residents of the city are actually incredibly disgusted and disturbed by what went on last night.

well, yeah, but the riot is still a bigger news story than the Cup win, so I'm going to gripe.

• Options
    SoulOnIce said:
    well, yeah, but the riot is still a bigger news story than the Cup win, so I'm going to gripe.

It really isn't a bigger story if you stick to sports sites. And on Saturday the Bruins will have their well-earned parade.

Nothing will ever beat 2004 for me sports-wise, but I can appreciate how much this means to local hockeyheads. Enjoy.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Lamest riot ever.

Every shot or video seems to have about 3 or 4 people actually rioting, then about 100 people filming on their camera phones, or posing for pictures for their facebook. So sad.

• Options
    Okem said:
    Lamest riot ever.

Every shot or video seems to have about 3 or 4 people actually rioting, then about 100 people filming on their camera phones, or posing for pictures for their facebook. So sad.

Tickets to the game were expensive, but you can go to the riot for free.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    what a disgrace

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Are there any American sports riots that compare to this... or is this just a Youtube/ Facebook generation thing that I am seeing more of this type of deplorable, despicable shit?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    we had the same shit happen in MTL a while back for less cathartic circumstances
    how is destroying your own city thrilling...
    all the hangers-on and ''i'm gonna kick this window a bit too'' people are appalling

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    pcmr said:
    we had the same shit happen in MTL a while back for less cathartic circumstances
    how is destroying your own city thrilling...
    all the hangers-on and ''i'm gonna kick this window a bit too'' people are appalling

• there was also a riot in vancouver after a guns and roses no show.

btw- this is a fantastic book for those interested in the mentality of a mob:

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    If you've never read Among The Thugs you need to, another fascinating book about the mob mentality surrounding sports.

TYLER SEGUIN HAS RAPP HANDS

b/w I liked Among the Thugs except for the author's "Black Like Me" approach, which I found kind of corny after a while. He does paint quite a picture of the goings-on with Man U fans in Rome, though. oof.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Glad the cup will see Bonavista, Newfoundland!

Thomas holding up the Cup while Chara salutes the crowd.

Soul On Ice himself enjoying the festivities. Never thought I would see this parade!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    really happy for you
    now it's our turn!