Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It was a bold move when they paralyzed Barbara.
    Props for re-writting the character and having her integral to the Batman mythos.

They already alluded to her "overcoming" her injury during the Birds Of Prey TV show that I likey, yey panned by folks who arent Batman readers. Whateves.

I find it kinda suspect since DC built up a new Batgirl who was this trained super killer since birth that gained my trust. She even got her own book. Bad ass for a long minute.

DC even introduced a new Batwoman to accentuate the Female Bat-Brand. Lesbian and all that.

Barbara has been wheelchair bound for a long minute. She was fuckin Dick(Nightwing/Robin) for a minute.
    She very important to the Bat-Game but once again the comic game continues to shoot itself in the foot with this ressurrection steez by "restoring" classic heroes and heroines, and not sticking to the writing alterations made through great storylines.

Killing Joke is the real.

Shit, theyve killed Flash, Superman, Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc.
    Retweeked Aquaman, Red Tornado, The Atom, Hawkman,Hawkgirl, etc.
    The comic game's reboot steez has now become a regular thang.

I hoped that certain changes would remain, but these characters have copyrights so in time no one ever really disappears.

In the end I wonder if they think that giving Barbara her legs back,and having a seasoned Batgirl will lead to good stories. I really doubt she as Batgirl can generate book sales. Birds of Prey is a team idea. I guarantee no matter what hype this generates, in 2 to 5 years Batgirl/Barbara wont be given the extra attention by the editors and writers of DC to sustain her as a third point in the Batman triangle w/ Batman & Robin just because shes a woman in a male readership community.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,899 Posts
    I think that having her wheelchair-bound added to keeping the whole franchise (pardon the non-intentional phrase) grounded. It was some vicious stuff to read, it really took the whole graphic-novel thing to another level.

Plus I have a Brian Bolland-signed KJ.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Brian Bolland-signed KJ.
    fucking nice

BTW my brother just called, THQ have just laid off their UK interest. That includes him and his wife. No warning, no notice. If you hear of any work going in the art field, drop him a line.

http://stuartjennett.com/

I think it was Block Wars (pre-story to the Apocalypse War) when BB became my fav artist.
    Simon Bisley a close second.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bolland had a chapter in Justice League either 200 where he drew Green Arrow and Black Canary vs Batman.

incredible shit. he was one a new jack amongst the heavyweights in that book.

It was the core JL members vs the new cats. and all the OG pencillers drew their commonly associated heroes

The Atom vs Green Lantern - Gil Kane
    Flash vs Elongated Man - Carmine Infantino
    Superman vs Hawkman - Andy Kubert

b/w

mattB said:
    I think it was Block Wars (pre-story to the Apocalypse War) when BB became my fav artist.

BB got legend status in our house with Judge Death. Also Camelot 3K killed. Personal fave is McMahon, from the Cursed Earth era. Satanus, Burger Wars and dem. My mate Rob is a massive McMahon freak too, regard his work here: http://drawtheline.posterous.com/?page=1

J i m s t e r said:
    mattB said:

BB got legend status in our house with Judge Death. Also Camelot 3K killed. Personal fave is McMahon, from the Cursed Earth era. Satanus, Burger Wars and dem. My mate Rob is a massive McMahon freak too, regard his work here: http://drawtheline.posterous.com/?page=1
    Actually, I was not such a big McMahon fan, but I really dig your mate's work. Very nice.

How about Carlos Ezquerra? Love his stuff. All of it.

Yeah, Esquizzle was da man. All the 2000AD strips were strong; Ace Trucking, Strontium Dog, Stainless Steel Rat. I've equipped the Hilux with Deadstop Generators as a direct result.

I have a likkle doodle Mike McMahon did of me playing piano from years ago. Somewhere. He's cool. Biz was on a bit of a Rock Star trip when I met him. He'd got that colourwork style of his down pat and he was coining it in. Bro said he'd bought the Batmobile from the Keaton flick. Yes, that kind of money.

Glenn Fabry was also cool as. Well into his beer, pool and continental stuff. [in heavy Scottish accent]"Och, Meeeee-beee-uzzz!!! The f*cken eeaaarrr-tite gah-rrrrarrrj!"[/Scottish]

I have been out of the rilly rill loop since Sin City and Hellboy. Wife-and-kids-R.

Bro had a regular gig with Marvel UK doing Warheads for a while. Other mate Gez had the Dr. Who gig. We all worked in the Games industry but that has been sliding over here for a while.

Yeah, Esquizzle was da man. All the 2000AD strips were strong; Ace Trucking, Strontium Dog, Stainless Steel Rat. I've equipped the Hilux with Deadstop Generators as a direct result.

I have a likkle doodle Mike McMahon did of me playing piano from years ago. Somewhere. He's cool. Biz was on a bit of a Rock Star trip when I met him. He'd got that colourwork style of his down pat and he was coining it in. Bro said he'd bought the Batmobile from the Keaton flick. Yes, that kind of money.

Glenn Fabry was also cool as. Well into his beer, pool and continental stuff. [in heavy Scottish accent]"Och, Meeeee-beee-uzzz!!! The f*cken eeaaarrr-tite gah-rrrrarrrj!"[/Scottish]

I have been out of the rilly rill loop since Sin City and Hellboy. Wife-and-kids-R.

Bro had a regular gig with Marvel UK doing Warheads for a while. Other mate Gez had the Dr. Who gig. We all worked in the Games industry but that has been sliding over here for a while.
    isnt it a likkle early on a tuesday arvo for you to be drinking? ;)