It's So Damn Hot

13»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I've lived in the south my entire life (over 10 years in Texas) and I have never gotten used to the heat. One thing about the south though is most everywhere has A/C. NYC in the summer is miserable, the hottest night I have ever spent was in Queens. It was insane. I got up 3 times during the night to take a cold shower. Even in Texas where it is hot as fuck for half the year, at least your job or home or someone you know has A/C. Relief is somewhere nearby. Up north, no relief. As far as cost to run an A/C, we got a brand new gigantic ass super efficient central unit last year and we keep it cold as a meat locker (68-69)in the house and we only have a $200-$250 utility bill each month. Worth every penny.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    When I'm by myself I don't use the AC. Even in Africa I usually go for rooms with ceiling fans rather than AC. I love the heat. Cold beer never tastes better.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    what i dont really get is folks pushing the thermostat to 78 in the winter, but in the summer when its 80 out, they got the crib at 65 or less. huh?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    what i dont really get is folks pushing the thermostat to 78 in the winter, but in the summer when its 80 out, they got the crib at 65 or less. huh?

we keep in cool in the winter, mainly because the furnace is gas and gas around here is expensive as hell. We keep it in the mid to low 60s in the winter...as my uncle used to say," put on a sweater, it's paid for". So much easier to warm up than cool off, for me at least.

• Options
    The_Hook_Up said:
    . So much easier to warm up than cool off, for me at least.

Weird!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    NorthernDealer10 said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    . So much easier to warm up than cool off, for me at least.

Weird!

Yeah, not really. It makes complete sense. Dress in layers, etc.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Hahahahahaha

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    100 degrees and up here in West Texas for weeks now and no end in sight. We haven't had rain since October of last year, literally. Longest drought since 1918. Farmers are all filing for crop insurance. Even the weeds can't survive. My backyard is dust and I haven't mowed my yard yet this year. Crazy times, period.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    We are getting f*ck-all heat over here you bastards.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    These things are the bomb when you're queueing for schitt at Disney and Universal in Florida.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    the hottest night I have ever spent was in Queens

My power went out during a thunderstorm last night, so all my fans and my AC went down. For an hour. It was mid-90s and 100% humidity in most of my apartment.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    This shit is making me want to cancel the tour!

B/w youready for govnas ball playboy??!!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

You coming to the UK ?

Naw, not yet. It's tough because after all the touring we did there in the late 90's early 00's, I knd of saw us becoming an "entertainment" act with a (US) tagged behind our name every time. We changed our strategy in 2002 and haven't looked back, though Double K claims to miss touring the Isles - we'll see. Could change depending on what happens with the next album.

4YearGraduate said:

B/w youready for govnas ball playboy??!!

You know it, dawgser! So psyched to see Passion Pit.

WE GONE PARTAAAYYYY

FUSK YEAH WE ARE!

I gotta be home when the streetlights come on, though.

THE LAST FERRY IS AT 1AM!!! (i think)

• amphibiousamphibious 147 Posts
    Oof this reminds me of football in college, crazy boston heatwave + artificial field made it about 120 on the field.

Crazy part was they'd weigh you before and after and it was like an 8 pound difference.

But yeah to me heat when you are ready to sweat and be gross is fine but when you are trying to maintain composure it's the worst.

100f+ in toronto today.

my polar bear wont leave the igloo!

Man, we've been having some really crazy weather this past week.

Same in Ottawa, I've been working outside building a porch, direct sun. Drank 5L of water yesterday. If the saws wouldn't wake up the neighbours I'd start at 5 and quit at 1, but that just seems wrong for so many reasons.

yeah those days are the BEST. 10L of water, 0 pee breaks.

we catch this kind of a season once or twice a year, and it always feels like it's going to last forever. it'd be kind of nice if it DID so that we could catch up on roughly THE MONTH we got burned on with all the rain at the beginning of the year.

but yeah, you're right...... 99% of the time, private contracting wont accomodate it, but when i get any commercial/industrial contracts i'll treat that shit like booking tee times in las vegas...... if you're out at noon, you're out too late.

4YearGraduate said:
    THE LAST FERRY IS AT 1AM!!! (i think)

TO THE PMs!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    meistromoco said:
    Cosmo said:
    willie_fugal said:
    i've been rocking these to keep a nice breeze on my feet when outside w/o suffering the humiliation of flip-flops:

Yo those are tite as shit. What are they?

For the next few months I'm wearing as little clothing as possible. Shit is out of control in NYC today.

AND IT'S NOT EVEN SUMMER YET
    generic surplus.

I've been eyeing them for a minute. dirt cheap too.

edit: cheap if you can find them on sale...

http://www.zappos.com/generic-surplus-obey-indigo-blue-mesh

highly recommended, i've got a couple pairs, get compliments all the time from the fairer sex--the only way i judge the success of a piece of clothing

Garcia_Vega said:
    These shoes are less humiliating than flip flops? I don't know about that...
    Do you rock them with a matching mesh tanktop?

i'm actually looking to cop some of those mesh tank tops dudes in jamaica are always wearing, if anyone knows where i can get em online let me know!