do you ever have nightmares about the ghetto?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I do. Like with drive by's and shit. It's scary!

I think I cried in my dream last night.

Comments

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    :oh_my:

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Where tf have you been? In the woodshed with the banjo?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Nightmares about the ghetto? LOL. Never. I live in Chinatown. I have nightmares that I wake up in a gated community on a golf course. THAT is scary.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• I have nightmares of living anyplace below LA county and above Tijuana.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    In my dream last night they tried to open an airport in compton, but every time somebody left the airport they would get shot down in a drive by so eventually they just closed the airport.

i was looking for the freeway and at every light people threatened to shoot guns at me.

i was terrified!

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    Gary said:
    people threatened to shoot guns at me.

i was terrified!

i'd be more concerned about the bullets myself

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I have a recurring dream where I am in the ghetto looking for my good friend..... SNOOP DOGG.

I've had at least 10 dreams that Snoop and I are old friends, if not more.

I'm not sure why.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I did have dreams about this one neighborhood in Fort Worth that was due to a news story at the time. A supermarket in this one low income area of town just closed one day. The doors locked, the owners left the country and went back to Laos. The just locked the doors and left. They left all the food out. The fish was still in the coolers, the meat counter still filled with meat, the produce still out. The electricity was shut off. It stood like that for a couple months. The images on the news is what gave me bad dreams. Windows blackened by millions of roaches, rats in swarms. Also what fucked me up was footage of people breaking in and stealing food even after all this time. Imagine walking through a place like that for some canned goods? The smell had to be apocalyptic. 2 month old fish? Two month old carrots? Pork? Thousands upon thousands of rat droppings? I was obsessed with the story. Hence why I dreamed about it, being in there. Finally the city went in there in hazmat suits with firehoses and tons of chemicals. They didn't burn it down because they said it would of flooded the neighborhood with thousands of fleeing rats, so they tented it up and fumigated the fuck outta it I think. Still freaks me out.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    holy shit

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    I did have dreams about this one neighborhood in Fort Worth that was due to a news story at the time. A supermarket in this one low income area of town just closed one day. The doors locked, the owners left the country and went back to Laos. The just locked the doors and left. They left all the food out. The fish was still in the coolers, the meat counter still filled with meat, the produce still out. The electricity was shut off. It stood like that for a couple months. The images on the news is what gave me bad dreams. Windows blackened by millions of roaches, rats in swarms. Also what fucked me up was footage of people breaking in and stealing food even after all this time. Imagine walking through a place like that for some canned goods? The smell had to be apocalyptic. 2 month old fish? Two month old carrots? Pork? Thousands upon thousands of rat droppings? I was obsessed with the story. Hence why I dreamed about it, being in there. Finally the city went in there in hazmat suits with firehoses and tons of chemicals. They didn't burn it down because they said it would of flooded the neighborhood with thousands of fleeing rats, so they tented it up and fumigated the fuck outta it I think. Still freaks me out.

wow!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Gary said:
    The_Hook_Up said:

wow!

*facemelt*

holy shit.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I didn't have bad dreams about ghettos but I reguarly had some dreams about being chased by monsters and shit like that. The good thing about that is that Ithey never get me, because I'm always faster and my "dream kungfu" is better.
    After waking up and remembering a dream I always have a good feeling about it , like I really kicked those "monsters" ass.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    supermarket
    The_Hook_Up said:
    rats

A friend of mine got a supermarket refitting gig in Gibraltar for a week. Everything done en-masse overnight with minimal disruption to sales. When they pulled out the old aisle-length frezers, he says it was like opening a portal to Hell. The whole floor of the supermarket was a carpet of rats. Grown men running for their lives. They opened the doors and the rats hit the road. It must have been on some pied-piper shit.

Looting that lock-up though... Gah! Like the end of "The Cook, The Thief..."

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    spc said:
    I didn't have bad dreams about ghettos but I reguarly had some dreams about being chased by monsters and shit like that. The good thing about that is that Ithey never get me, because I'm always faster and my "dream kungfu" is better.
    After waking up and remembering a dream I always have a good feeling about it , like I really kicked those "monsters" ass.

You are like a dream warrior.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    spc said:
    my "dream kungfu" is better.

I love this because it implies you have real-world kung fu skills, but they are not quite up to par. Like, on some kung fu panda shit.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

Small world: Abandoned Popeye's Stinks Up East New York

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:

That was the Mexia Supermarket in Fort Worth in 1999.

There was something about it mentioned in The History Channel's series Life After People.