What are you listening to right now?

MassiveMassive 194 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
This just ended: This just started: I think I'm getting old because that Morrison album just blows me away everytime I hear it. Will someone take that break with the horns in caravan, loop that shit with some heavily compressed drums and funk it out already?? Peace.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    you have astral weeks right? anway, right now im listening to Beck-Lost Cause

• Prophets of Soul "Brother Marcus" into People Under The Stairs "Outrun"

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    A Nina Simone compilation of her Colpix stuff

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

"The rollercoaster ride of the troubles kept her inside......." Nice one.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Yes Mack, I gots it. Do you prefer that to Moondance?

• The 32 tracks here are a complete delight, ranging from ragged Memphis soul pieces to deep gospel shouters, and that they exist at all is somewhat of a miracle, since all of Fernwood's masters are rumored to have been destroyed in the late '60s.
    I can't quit listening to this at work.

yes, i prefer astral weeks

• yes, i prefer astral weeks

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

• Prince Paul ... Itstrumental

Honestly, dude's a fucking genius

Just picked up Psychoanalisis again (found the CD used, I gave my OG away years ago...)

some ish...

and that Dix cd was also funny as shit, just too short

Kind of a Prince paul weekend for me (as a matter of fact, I might go grab
    hansome boy #1 or prince among thieves)

Astral Weeks is a respectable album. The only things I came away with from that album were interesting euphemisms and lyrical content. The mixture of genres was cool. It's definitely a more "artistic" effort by Morrison. However, moondance let's me sing along. Different strokes.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Sweet Inspirations s/t

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    The Jam - "David Watts"

• at this very second i'm listening to this marvin gaye track done by the mizell brothers that anasarcasm posted up yesterday.
    before that i was listening to advancement on phillips. great album.

• And cleaning the flat.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

finally picked it up today.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    just this....damn, havent been outside all weekend, been working finishing up these two tracks, got some studio time tomorrow so imma try to get it down right...!

peace.

• finally picked it up today.

Angel Dust...

Angel Dust...

Indeed...I slept on this LP for too long.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    man, i'm still hungover so bad that music sounds awful (it's 4:18pm for christsake)... last night i listened to these.
    ... and bettye swann
    this was the soundtrack to poisoning myself.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I got a CD comp of early Gil (Flying Dutchman?) stuff the other week & I also came to the conclusion that I slept on it for too long too. Awesome artist.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    thunder...

Will someone take that break with the horns in caravan, loop that shit with some heavily compressed drums and funk it out already??
    ouch, that was painful

I got a CD comp of early Gil (Flying Dutchman?) stuff the other week & I also came to the conclusion that I slept on it for too long too. Awesome artist.

The early stuff had been checked for already...it's the later stuff that I never bothered to pick up and am finally doing now.

THE REVOLUTION WILL BE SMOOTHED OUT!

right now im listening to Beck-Lost Cause

now its The Smiths-boy with the thorn in his side

• This is the one right now. Everytime I listen to this, I wonder why I don't put it on more often. That's the best part, rediscovering records from time to time
    (if the pic doesn't work, it's herbie hancock's thrust)

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My new favorite 2-sided shit:

The Halleluiah Chorus - "I've Got To Find A Way" b/w Richard Terry & Co. - "Instrumental # One" (Nickel)

Pegue outdoes himself here. But the channeling is wierd on an expensive surround system. Thank god I don't have one.

LOL.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    first

now