Rep. Anthony Weiner

Comments

• originally thought this thread was called
    "Rep a tiny Weiner"

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    the saddest part is that no chick is turned on by dong pics due to societal conditioning of the double standard of male vs female nudity so he really did all of this in vain and lost it all because he was unaware of that rule of the game.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Dude seems like the type of geek that never got any tail and now that he's "famous" and in a position of power he can't handle that chicks are actually interested in him.

Yeah, though I'll bet he was handling it quite often.

• Options
    A little over a month ago I saw him take on Donald Trump on Piers Morgan's show. He made Trump sound even more foolish than he normally does, almost seemed like Weiner was toying with him. Gave me high hopes for the young woodsman, now I just hope he doesn't wind up like Dirk Diggler.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    What an idiot. I liked the guy before all this but, aside from Republicans, who wants to vote for an imbecile?
    He's getting his first UK publicity now with headlines like this one from the BBC: "US lawmaker admits lewd picture".
    D'oh!

• Options
    sakedelic said:

He's getting his first UK publicity now with headlines like this one from the BBC: "US lawmaker admits lewd picture".
    D'oh!

Cool headline.

• Options
    Brian said:
    THESE GOD DAMN PERVERT REPUBLICANS TRYING TO LEGISLATE MORALITY AND THEN PULLING THIS SHIT??????!???!?!??!?!?!

Your dude is a democrat. If he was republican this would be over ten pages by now.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    SMH Weiner, and SMH Huffington Post. I was at work when I pulled up HuffPo's page to see, in their characteristic all-caps, size 72, neon font, a headline reading "WEINER LETS IT ALL HANG OUT." Seriously, HuffPo? This is a new low, lower than usual. Not only was it tasteless, it was blatantly NSFW and I had to close out of there so fast and make sure no one had walked by. Sheesh. Sorry, tangential, but at least it's Weinergate-related.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Anyone actually looking for journalistic standards from THP or FOX is probably going to find them. That's what masturbation is for, after all.

• Options
    Sween said:
    Brian said:
    THESE GOD DAMN PERVERT REPUBLICANS TRYING TO LEGISLATE MORALITY AND THEN PULLING THIS SHIT??????!???!?!??!?!?!

Your dude is a democrat. If he was republican this would be over ten pages by now.

Would it? I don't remember this guy getting much attention here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/02/09/2011-02-09_gop_rep_christopher_lee_ny26_goes_topless_in_pic_sent_to_craigslist_gal_pal_repo.html

And he was into chicks with dicks.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    If you can lie to your spouse you can lie to anyone.

And yet, if you think about it, this really doesn't matter (politically) in the end. The two greatest Americans of the last 100 years, measured in terms of positive impact of people's daily lives, were serially unfaithful to their wives.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Indeed... FDR was also a heavy drinker, just like his buddy Churchill. As opposed to Hitler, who didn't drink at all.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Really though, how difficult is it to go about the course of your daily life without sending anyone a picture of your dick? When you're a public figure, there are only a few rules you have to follow to keep a clean image, and not showing people your dick is one of them. At what point does that become an insatiable need? Just wondering.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Looks like this dude is done......promising future and career down the tubes because of some stupid shit.

His own party is distancing.....NAGL all the way around.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Rockadelic said:
    If you can lie to your spouse you can lie to anyone.

And yet, if you think about it, this really doesn't matter (politically) in the end. The two greatest Americans of the last 100 years, measured in terms of positive impact of people's daily lives, were serially unfaithful to their wives.

It wasn't the cheating that did him in....it was the lies.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    come the fuck on...
    i hope he doesnt go under from this. can tpeople understand that he did some stupid, embarassing and PRIVATE dumbshit and tried to keep it from being a total embarassment? he lied to try to kill the story...id think that most people would have done the same shit. then he gutted up and took the heat for his mistakes. he wasnt lying about political nefariousness...people were airing out his dirty laundry and he reacted impulsively to not have his shit put out there like that.

i hope he rides out his term and people forget about his somewhat petty indiscretions.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    couldn't disagree more.

This is not a private issue. He is a public servant. He was hired to serve a constituency and this is interfering with his ability to do that. I doubt there's a soul in Washington or New York government that will lift a limb for him at this point. Further to that end he seems to have used public resources in both the act and the cover-up.

To paraphrase a guy who's smarter than me, Weiner volunteered for the front line of a war he knew full well the stakes of, and in the middle of a firefight he handed his enemies a loaded rifle. He should step down, and if he doesn't, he should be unceremoniously removed when New York redistricts. This dude has a 100% rating from womens rights groups, he was one of the most vocal proponents of gender equality issues. Think on that for a second and ask yourself if he should be allowed to keep his job.

I seriously cannot believe this shit. How much of a moron can you be. The dude sent dick pics to girls he met online whose identities he could not verify, using his public twitter account (he claims he intended to DM; well you fool it's still your public twitter account). I've lost temp jobs for less. Dude is done, as well he should be.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    what do you mean by "ive lost temp jobs for less"? were your dicpics smaller?

i just get the same feeling as when eliot spitzer went down. i didnt really know much about Weiner, but he seems like he was my type of politician: progressive and fiery. so with both of them, its just a "say it aint so" feeling and part of me being willing to forgive their private indiscretions in favor of what i see as the greater good they could do in the political arena. but totally agree with your friends loaded shotgun analogy...especially spitzer. dude fucked up when he was the king!!! the good he could have done. oh well. inevitably, might be for the best if he steps down. he deserves it more for being stupid than for texting dicpics and lying.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Jonny, I agree, it shows a total lack of judgment. There is no way he will be taken seriously after this. He needs to just step down.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    couldn't disagree more.

This is not a private issue. He is a public servant. He was hired to serve a constituency and this is interfering with his ability to do that. I doubt there's a soul in Washington or New York government that will lift a limb for him at this point. Further to that end he seems to have used public resources in both the act and the cover-up.

To paraphrase a guy who's smarter than me, Weiner volunteered for the front line of a war he knew full well the stakes of, and in the middle of a firefight he handed his enemies a loaded rifle. He should step down, and if he doesn't, he should be unceremoniously removed when New York redistricts. This dude has a 100% rating from womens rights groups, he was one of the most vocal proponents of gender equality issues. Think on that for a second and ask yourself if he should be allowed to keep his job.

I seriously cannot believe this shit. How much of a moron can you be. The dude sent dick pics to girls he met online whose identities he could not verify, using his public twitter account (he claims he intended to DM; well you fool it's still your public twitter account). I've lost temp jobs for less. Dude is done, as well he should be.

co-sign. i agree with weiner politically and get a kick out of his antics, but dude needs to walk away, son...and quickly at that.

also, on the "how much of a moron can you be" angle, that is really the issue worth discussing. you have a smart guy who is very familiar with social media, web 2.0, etc., who knowingly put his political life at risk just so he could have some good stuff to beat off to. he was going to be the next mayor of nyc! forget about him flubbing the twitter dm, he was also emailing pics of himself naked and facebook chatting with numerous girls. it's inexplicable, except...

my 2 cents on this issue is that you have at least two classes of celebrity men who do dumb shit like this: the athletes/movie stars who have always been treated like gods (kobe, farve, magic, mel gibson, etc.) and the political nerds who suddenly got famous and powerful (clinton, spitzer, weiner). the former just assume that they are allowed to play by a different set of rules and the latter justify their behavior because they worked so hard to get to the position they are in (i.e., my nerdery paid off, now show me your tits!).

I totally forgive both dudes - being willing or able to forgive them isn't very important though. He's exactly your and my type of politician, which is why I have a problem with it - do you want this dude at the front of the (very important) fights we're engaged in? I sure don't, for two reasons: one, he is no longer the same firebrand politician, now he's the dude with the dickpics, and two, I question the judgment of anyone who would do something that boneheaded.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    couldn't disagree more.

I disagree for the reasons I explained above. What he does in his private life has no bearing on his political life for me. Had he broken the law or harassed someone, that would be a completely different story.

Rock, couldn't agree more. It's the lying that is the worst look.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    He needs to step away, but not forever. Give it a few years to die down and do good work in the meantime.

In three years or so, make a comeback and people will love you.

Andrew Cuomo did a similar thing, though not with dikpix, and look at him now. People wrote him off a few years back and now I wouldn't be surprised if he was President one day.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    And for people who have lost faith in him for his lack of judgment - did you feel the same about Bill Clinton? Should he have resigned over Monica Lewinsky?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I work under the assumption that a large majority of these politicians do dumb ass/embarrassing/deplorable shit (mostly of a sexual nature). So when someone gets caught and admits to it (albeit after initially lying due to shame), I feel a little better about them and their situation. You know damn well some of these dudes calling for him to resign have plenty skeletons in their closet. Releasing hypocritical gases and shit...

DrWu said:

I disagree for the reasons I explained above. What he does in his private life has no bearing on his political life for me. .

This is, as we speak, affecting his political life. It's all fine and good that you don't judge him for it, but that's on you.

Should Bill Clinton have stepped down? Tough question. I don't think the president should step down for anything except the most egregious of crimes, and I'm not sure if that rises to that. On the same token, I'm far less OK with it than I was back when it happened - then again, I was a teenager at the time. There are few souls who would not get fired for having an intern suck them off in the company office. That's worth noting.

• i don't know if weiner should step down or not but how in hell does he get re-elected after this debacle? can he even get back to the business of legislating after this? forget the mayoralship of nyc; his credibility is shot. i predict he ends up as a commentator on cable news.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    i don't know if weiner should step down or not but how in hell does he get re-elected after this debacle? can he even get back to the business of legislating after this? his credibility is shot. i predict he ends up as a commentator on cable news. forget the mayoralship of nyc.

The just reelected David Vitter in redneck ass Louisiana after he was caught banging hookers. After that all bets are off. No one in their right mind is stepping down without the threat of impeachment at this point.

• the vitter situation i think is different. in terms of pure optics, rather than having pictures of his dong and mega explicit text conversations on a publicly accessible internet site, vitter's name simply appeared in the phonebook of a madame. also, the presser weiner did yesterday was a major disaster (where was the wife? why did he take questions? breitbart!?).

much more importantly, vitter fessed up completely the moment it was uncovered, weiner vociferously lied, obfuscated and harangued anyone who dared to question the web of the lies he was weaving. i don't think weiner should get any credit for finally fessing up after it passed the point of him being able to conceal it any longer. maybe weiner will hang on, i guess we'll see.