MORGEN

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
with all this talk about over and under rated records, this record is right on the mark. so good.

I have to give ultra props and thanks to the brother Lambert for bringing this to the swap with the intent of making a deal with me for it. Dan if you read this I plan on returning the favor someday. Finally got a chance to sit down with some twiddle and play it tonight and man, it's not often you can feel so satisfied with a record from start to finish. a genius record that is truly psychedelic but also rocks.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

wow, this thread was a bust. too self-indulgent?

I guess it was a bit "hey I got this awesome record and want everyone to know" but I think I had images of Rockadelic chiming in to tell us he has unreleased Morgen tape reels just waiting for the green light to press up, or other people who have this record commenting ... or ... something.

Anyway, this record rules and is in heavy heavy rotation at the SOI household.

I need a girlfriend.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i'd like to hear that.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The album cover isn't distinctive enough; I think that's hurt its popularity.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Yo, M*#k, just saw this. Yeah, what a bananas record. For me, it just hits every angle on a psych type record that I want to hear. Even the utter cheese lyrics of welcome to the void can be forgiven by the driving lead. Purple kills itr for me, hand down.

So, I expect to not tsee this in the trades bin next year? :beerbang:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lambert said:

So, I expect to not tsee this in the trades bin next year? :beerbang:

haha, HELL NO.

sometimes I trade for a record I think I want and feel like a jerk putting back out for trade a few months later when I realize it ain't all that ... this shit is HARD FILED TIL DEATH.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

wow, this thread was a bust. too self-indulgent?

I guess it was a bit "hey I got this awesome record and want everyone to know" but I think I had images of Rockadelic chiming in to tell us he has unreleased Morgen tape reels just waiting for the green light to press up, or other people who have this record commenting ... or ... something.

Anyway, this record rules and is in heavy heavy rotation at the SOI household.

I need a girlfriend.

If you have unreleased Morgen tapes I'll be your girlfriend.

• Options
    There's a promo 45 with "Nitetime" and "Of Dreams" on it. Different mixes, too.