QUESTIONS FOR BIZ... ASIDE FROM THE OBVIOUS

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central

anyone got anything to ask?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    All Biz'ing aside, how many records he REALLY has, and is he gonna ever sell any?

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    What's his favorite flexi disc?

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Does he really have the "Long Red" break without the guy screamin' "Louder" !!!!

Does he have "Give the Drummer Some" by Little Milton...
    No.24 on this classic list: http://theboombapaddicts.blogspot.com/2010/01/afrika-bambaataas-list-55-of-breaks-you.html

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    Does he have "Give the Drummer Some" by Little Milton...
    No.24 on this classic list: http://theboombapaddicts.blogspot.com/2010/01/afrika-bambaataas-list-55-of-breaks-you.html

or could he humm a few bars...

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Hi Sheep. I was wondering if you could ask him about his connections with the Harlem group Mob Style. He gets shouted out and thanked on their 2nd album 'Game of Death'. Some Biz anecdotes could be good!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    What does he think of modern rap?

Is there a difference between Hip-Hop and Rap?

Does he see a place for beatboxers in modern rap HITS as opposed to underground keepin-it-real stuff?
    Same for DJs/scratching.

Does Biz see a difference between 'golden age' and what came after, and where/why might this change have started from his viewpoint...

Is there still room for fun in rap?
    Would Biz make it if he was starting out in 2011?
    Is the music industry better or worse?
    How would he like to see things change if at all?

Does he still spin records, or has he moved to serrrratoe. Would he ever go all the way to lap-top?
    How has technology/innernets changed collecting for him?

Who's got now/had BITD the baddest record collection that he's seen?
    Which DJs does he rate?
    Does he listen to DJ mixes/modern rap/old schitt/pop music?
    Would he ever work for UPS if times were tough?

What genre or individual record has been his latest 'new discovery', as in, just got into Korean jazz-funk, or just discovered a South American skiffle 45.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

hip hip is something you LIVE, rap is something you DO....... this is 101 type bizness ;)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    tokyobeats said:
    Duderonomy said:

hip hip is something you LIVE, rap is something you DO....... this is KRS-1 type bizness ;)

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    tokyobeats said:
    Duderonomy said:

hip hip is something you LIVE, rap is something you DO....... this is KRS-1 type bizness ;)

indeed it is!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Off the Wall or Thriller?

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Spacecho said:
    Hi Sheep. I was wondering if you could ask him about his connections with the Harlem group Mob Style. He gets shouted out and thanked on their 2nd album 'Game of Death'. Some Biz anecdotes could be good!

And speaking of a different AZ, how did Biz end up on that pre-Illmatic "Understanding" track with AZ and Nas? There has to be a story behind that.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Have you ever met a girl that you tried to date, but three years to make love she wanted you to wait?

I mean in real life. Was Just A Friend inspired by a real incident?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Thanks for these... I will definitely get onto it if I can.

Also, is there some kind of dream photo I could get for the strut massive holding something... maybe doubles of Bob James 2 and a bell?

Be aware, the one time I met him he wasn't the comedy rapper I expected. But you know what they say about comedians in "real life"... You might get lucky and catch him in a good mood though

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Off the Wall or Thriller?

bingo

does he own an Oscar Goldman Action figure?

• Scott said:
    Spacecho said:

And speaking of a different AZ, how did Biz end up on that pre-Illmatic "Understanding" track with AZ and Nas? There has to be a story behind that.
    That track was actually made after illmatic.

• Did he record anything for the first two albums that didn't come out? Biz also has a nice acapella collection. What's his prize vocals?

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    just to emphasise what someone else said (from experience) - biz is not the easiest guy to interview. you'll get more out of him talking about breaks, the beastie boys, his relationship with marley, then you will get on other subjects. like man says you have to catch him in a good mood.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    i'd like to hear about his celebrity djing jaunts (the mythical sightings of him at say, will smith's barmitzvah or whatever, playing apache off two OG 12"s) but i suspect he may not cough up on that topic.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Jspr said:
    Which rhymes did Kane write?

kane def wrote the vapors.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Ask him if he wants to go diggin in Sydney, and if your mate Loko can come along... ;-P

But seriously, I wonder if he has any kids or youngstas he's mentoring and passing his knowledge/records on to...

And has he 'out dug' himself, as in, does he still go hunting for shit and is he still picking up new old stuff that interests him or is he content with his collection?

I spoke to him on the phone, really cool dude... Loko, you wanna go diggin' with Biz, but you ain't gunna take your boy diggin?? what's up wtih that? haha!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    double

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Scott said:
    Spacecho said:

I remember Biz talking about how he used to chill in front of the Queens Bridge houses trying to meet Marley. I think his long Island City roots run back to Tragedy and Hot Day too.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Does he have Edith Head's mom's record?

word to Chan for the hookup, hopefully this goes down and I can get some of these answers for ya'll... I dunno how he'll handle me doing doubles of the Mardi Gras without the bells at the show, we'll see ahahha...

• Ditto on Biz being in a bad mood. I recently saw him Dj in a small club a few months ago. He just went down his list of songs on Serato and barely cut. He looked miserable. He had a mic, but he only said two sentences the whole time. It would have been more impressive if he had to cue up all the records but w/ Serato it was just him going through the motions. Maybe I thought it was gonna be "School in session" but it wasn't. And while the last song was playing he unplugged his laptop and dipped. I was disappointed but still a Biz fan.