Need help with this Brazilian record (Myriam Ribeiro)

BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central

I found this at a flea market today, but as it's not really the stuff I like, I'm thinking about selling it, but I don't know what the going rate for this record is. I found a website trying to sell it at 380 Brazilian Real (240$), but it sold on ebay for 19 dollar with only one bid (in bad condition though...).

Anybody who can shed some light?

Comments

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    post sound clips

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I've never heard it, but sure enough it was on Loronix. Based on the song writers and the arranger, I have a rough idea of what it would sound like and I would guess that it would be a tough sell to non-Brazilians.

It would also be very hard to find in decent shape, as few Brazilians owned decent systems at the time, and the hard cardboard covers (which were phased out shortly after this) did not fare well in the tropical climate and usually warped. split etc.

Paging Moogman...

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I've never heard it, but sure enough it was on Loronix. Based on the song writers and the arranger, I have a rough idea of what it would sound like and I would guess that it would be a tough sell to non-Brazilians.

It would also be very hard to find in decent shape, as few Brazilians owned decent systems at the time, and the hard cardboard covers (which were phased out shortly after this) did not fare well in the tropical climate and usually warped. split etc.

Paging Moogman...

Sorry, can't help cos' I don't know that album. Will ask around, try to find some
    information about it and post here if I find anything.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    It seems that there's no demand for it, cos' an ebay auction ended with only 1 bid, for US$19.
    http://cgi.ebay.ph/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360351415340

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    Thanks for the replies. Here's what the Myriam Ribeiro record sounds like:

DivShare File - myriamribeiro.mp3

It's in pretty good shape though, as the record was bought by a Belgian who lived in Mexico in the 60s and brought back to Belgium, it didn't suffer from the climate or bad sound systems. I bought 7 Brazilian records from the same guy, but this is the only one I'll keep:

It sounds like this:

DivShare File - Jackson Do Pandeiro - Bumba Meu Boi.mp3