my apartment got broken into last night - what would soulstrut do?

SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
does calling the police to report it ever do any good?

some crackhead entered through the neighbors apt & shouldered through 2 locks in the back stairwell - I slept through the whole thing - all they really got was a cheap digital camera, an old laptop, & some change that was sitting on my desk

I found a footprint on my expedit - they climbed up & grabbed a 45 box from the top, but left it behind after they saw only records were inside

perhaps Detroit CSI can lift the footprint & run it though their database?

maybe I should go talk to the main regulating mens in the neighborhood?

Comments

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    wouldnt count on it getting solved, but if they catch a guy in the act with the same shoes, you might be able to get that stuff back.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Definitely file a police report, but don't get your hopes up about getting anything back. Work on reinforcing your door/window locks, and leave it at that.

Or you could channel your feelings of violation and indignation into some sort of street-level vigilante crusade with some hawk-themed spandex and whatnot. If so, please post pics.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    as someone who was lucky enough to have the person who broke in to their space get caught...I have to say to be able look at that dude at his hearing and see the look in his eyes when he found out he was looking at 12 years was kinda satisfying. Call the police, chances are his fingerprints are all over the damn place and he has probably been arrested before, so they will probably get a match and at least he would have another crime to put in his file, so if he does get caught he might do some time...and at least he cant rob anybody else when he is locked up...

• Options
    I got robbed for more than that- I called the police and reported it and they did nothing. Didn't recover anything or catch the dudes who robbed me. And...this was a home invasion type robbery where they kicked in the door, grabbed shit and then ran. it must have been at least 3 or 4 guys who knew what I had and where it was placed. I was not home at the time...my only advice is to have one of these very close to you at home (especially if you live in Detroit!!!!):

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So you can shoot yourself in the head when you find out your stuff has been taken?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Wouldn't have "slept through the whole thing".

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    my neighborhood is kinda noisy( I live next to a bar) & I sleep like a log

• Options
    Junior said:
    So you can shoot yourself in the head when you find out your stuff has been taken?

My bad....i forgot a majority of SS patrons haven't had to deal with these real-world situations, yall just live it vicariously through your obsession with gangsta rap music. So???scratch my "gun as home defense" answer. Just dress in a ninja's suit and brandish a carpenter???s awl. Then throw it at him and run. That???ll show him.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    imamuslim said:
    Junior said:

My bad....i forgot a majority of SS patrons haven't had to deal with these real-world situations, yall just kinds live it vicariously through yalls obsession with gangsta rap music. So???scratch my "gun as home defense" answer. Just dress in a ninja's suit and brandish a carpenter???s awl. Then throw it at him and run. That???ll show him.

I was just trying to work out how having a gun would help if you came home and found your stuff had been taken.

I've been burgled and all the gangsta rap in the world didn't help me.

B/w My fists are deadlier and more accurate than any hand gun. Faster too.

• imamuslim said:
    Junior said:

My bad....i forgot a majority of SS patrons haven't had to deal with these real-world situations, yall just live it vicariously through your obsession with gangsta rap music. So???scratch my "gun as home defense" answer. Just dress in a ninja's suit and brandish a carpenter???s awl. Then throw it at him and run. That???ll show him.

for the record, i live vicariously through maroon 5 albums.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    imamuslim said:
    Junior said:

I live in a city that can get rough...and of all the times I have been robbed, a gun wouldnt have helped at all...3 of the times I came to find my place and/or car was broken into...I guess I could have shot into the air and hoped the bullet would fall on them, wherever they were....and the other time was at gunpoint at work...seeing how I have never had any training in old-west style quick draw techniques, i am willing to bet if I pulled a gun on someone who already had a gun pulled on me, chances are I would have been shot. Also, I dont listen to the raps, so no help from that either.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    a cute lady cop came over & took a report

the crime scene team is on the way

thank god no records were taken

The_Hook_Up said:
    imamuslim said:
    Junior said:

I live in a city that can get rough...and of all the times I have been robbed, a gun wouldnt have helped at all...3 of the times I came to find my place and/or car was broken into...I guess I could have shot into the air and hoped the bullet would fall on them, wherever they were....and the other time was at gunpoint at work...seeing how I have never had any training in old-west style quick draw techniques, i am willing to bet if I pulled a gun on someone who already had a gun pulled on me, chances are I would have been shot. Also, I dont listen to the raps, so no help from that either.

Rule #1: Don't get caught slipping.

Rule #2: Don't let anyone get a jump on you...(yes, a reiteration of rule #1).

Rule #3: It ain't no fun if the homies can't have none.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    imamuslim said:

So THIS was the final piece of the puzzle! I've already had my 64 Impala and whole refrigerator of St Ides stolen. Thank god they left my khaki suits and collection of Ben Davises alone. Next time I'll be prepared with one of these -- wish I'd known earlier!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    FUCK THE POLICE!

• Options
    Junior said:
    imamuslim said:
    Junior said:

My bad....i forgot a majority of SS patrons haven't had to deal with these real-world situations, yall just kinds live it vicariously through yalls obsession with gangsta rap music. So???scratch my "gun as home defense" answer. Just dress in a ninja's suit and brandish a carpenter???s awl. Then throw it at him and run. That???ll show him.

I was just trying to work out how having a gun would help if you came home and found your stuff had been taken.

I've been burgled and all the gangsta rap in the world didn't help me.

well...he was there when the dude broke in!

what would 2pac do?

B/w My fists are deadlier and more accurate than any hand gun. Faster too.

yeah, ok. you have a plastic breastplate and a german rapier too?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Sell the neighborhood crackheads drugs laced with poison.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yes vengeance is the only answer. Unless you want the skreets to know you's a pussy.

First, I recommend putting this song on repeat. Then heading out to begin scouring you're neighborhood for people with bruised shoulders.

But first.. You have your theme tune covered, now you need to find a suitable outfit. Preferable something dark and hooded, but be sure to colour co-ordinate or else you run the risk of being taken for a sucker or chump. (PM Batmon for the latest in hood approved crime-fighter apparel.)

If all this sounds like too much for your lily ass, I hear whispers from the underground that a gully cat called 'H' is running some kind of backstreet advice center / d??j??, tutoring in street life 101. Inc. seminars; Prepster to Gangsta, DooDoo Mamas 'Do's and Don'ts' and a two day course on how to take on and beat off 3 men simultaneously. (As well as the highly popular short courses; string vest weaving & wearing, living in denial and mixtape pimping.)
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him... You might be able to hire.. The H-Team.

• Okem said:
    ...... and a two day course on how to take on and beat off 3 men simultaneously..

AAAAAYO (maybe of the decade)

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Okem said:
    ...... and a two day course on how to take on and beat off 3 men simultaneously..

Amazing.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    hahahahahah!!!

Plaese to keep me out of your fantasies.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Okem said:

RLMAO....

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    i'd think about installing the Door Club (20-30 bucks) so if it happens again(while your home anyway), the potential gaffler will break his or her leg(or shoulder) when they try to get through your door.

• Okem said:

is this like what people mean when they say "kill them with kindness" ?

• Options
    bigchalz said:
    i'd think about installing the Door Club (20-30 bucks) so if it happens again(while your home anyway), the potential gaffler will break his or her leg(or shoulder) when they try to get through your door.

don't bother. they don't work. just pray to allah you'll catch him, and insha'allah, cut his head off.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    also try soularphone yodeling 1-2-3 hum allah hum allah Leon Thomas style.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DELETE

• subsub 311 Posts
    bigchalz said:

in turkey a german couple was just killed when they tried to open the door to their holiday appartment and they forgot they installed a self shooting gun that they forgot to turn off. so unlike you remember to turn your door club off all the time -coming home drunk from a party related- i would think more then twice...

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    installed a self shooting gun.

WTF. These exist?