The GREATEST LOS ANGELES LAKER OF ALL TIME HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Sorry Kobe, Kareem & Magic yall weren't as good single handedly like SHAQ!!!! You can argue all you want but real heads know the deal, SHAQ is best by far!!!!!!!!

Haaahaaaha Batches!!!

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Three words: Nick Van Exel.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    I disagree Mark Mad Dog Madsen and his goofy ass dancing.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Sedale Threatt, motherfuckers.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Ironfeet, I served with Shaq, I knew Shaq, Shaq was a friend of mine. Shaq, you're no Bill Russell.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Shaq was a great center, but the notion that he was better than Magic is delusional. How's this: 1980, Magic's rookie season, NBA finals, game 6. Kareem is injured, can't play. Magic starts at center, gets 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals. As a rookie. Playing against Dr. J and crew. Lakers win championship, Magic is finals MVP. His career only gets better from there.

Shaq had some great games, but c'mon. Magic brought more glory to LA in the 80s than Shaq did in his entire career. Still one of the best centers ever, though.

By the way, I can't stand the Lakers... I am a Lakers anti-fan. But I also believe in giving credit where it's due.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Magic > Kareem > Shaq.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

The Big Smooth.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Simple.

- d

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• anyone else grow up listening to Chick Hearns do the play by play??? just not the same without hearing his voice...

oh yeah, the answer is Magic, dude was a class act on the court...Kobe is more skilled, but lacks Magics class

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    lew alcindor no question

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Big Diesel's one of my favourite human beings of all time...

http://shaqquotes.com/

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    Big Diesel's one of my favourite human beings of all time...

http://shaqquotes.com/

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:

Holy shit, Eddie Jones? I had damn near forgotten about that guy.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Ironfeet, I served with Shaq, I knew Shaq, Shaq was a friend of mine. Shaq, you're no Bill Russell.

Bill Russell was never a Laker.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:

Holy shit, Eddie Jones? I had damn near forgotten about that guy.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Magic was only a better DJ, Shaq put him in the back and stole the lime light like rappers do! That's why Magic, changed his name to Mike and moved to FL...

• People who really know basketball know Shaq wasnt even third best player for the Lakers.

Bon Vivant said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Ha! Of course he wasn't. I'm a Celts fan. Just stirring the pot (more rings than you can fit on both hands-related) b/w (most NBA championships-related) bonus beat (he's Bill fucking Russell, a living legend and great man in the truest sense-related).

If you are a Laker fan, I'm sure you understand. It's not personal. It's Celts-Lakers.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Ha! Of course he wasn't. I'm a Celts fan. Just stirring the pot (more rings than you can fit on both hands-related) b/w (most NBA championships-related) bonus beat (he's Bill fucking Russell, a living legend and great man in the truest sense-related).

If you are a Laker fan, I'm sure you understand. It's not personal. It's Celts-Lakers.

I can dig it. I'm a Zards fan, so I mostly just sit on the sidelines waiting for the lottery.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

I'm sorry, but Shaq would tear a new a-hole for Russell.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:

He was the Ariza prototype. Unassuming, low-maintenance, lanky, and baller. My favorite player at that time!

And I kinda gotta agree with Harvey....kinda hard to say 'GLOAT" when you got Kareem, Magic, Jerry West, and Elgin Baylor up in the mix.....Let's just say he is ONE OF THE BEST CENTERS OF ALL TIME.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Shaq=totally underrated. Plus, he was the most fun guy in the league. Totally self-deprecating, down with the people, quotable. My favorite laker of all time. Still, Magic is the greatest laker ever because he made everybody great.

• Options
    yuichi said:
    And I kinda gotta agree with Harvey....kinda hard to say 'GLOAT" when you got Kareem, Magic, Jerry West, and Elgin Baylor up in the mix.....Let's just say he is ONE OF THE BEST CENTERS OF ALL TIME.

I like how even Lakers fans don't like Kobe enough to mention him in discussions like this.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    yuichi said:

I like how even Lakers fans don't like Kobe enough to mention him in discussions like this.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Shaq used to visit a restaurant where I cooked quite a bit BITD. Always started his dinner with dessert -- a chocolate brownie. Always left a $100 for a tip, even if the bill wasn't even close to that.

DrWu said:
    Shaq=totally underrated. Plus, he was the most fun guy in the league. Totally self-deprecating, down with the people, quotable. My favorite laker of all time. Still, Magic is the greatest laker ever because he made everybody great.

Nah, I kid and all, but dude was a force of nature on the court, an all-around good guy, and really active in the community. Can't hate on any of that.

Now the rapping....

yuichi said:
    DB_Cooper said:

I'm sorry, but Shaq would tear a new a-hole for Russell.

You can't compare players from different eras. The nutrition, workout regimens, style of play, the way the game is called, hell, even the rules of the game are different. Players today are virtually all in peak human physical condition. It's a different sport.

Every player in the league feared Wilt Chamberlain. Wilt Chamberlain feared Bill Russell.