ReWire VSTi Help (software related)

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
i've been using this program called adobe audition to record live stuff (guitars, bass, keys, etc). i came across some plug-in VSTi's of synth sounds that i'd like to utilize through MIDI.problem is, adobe audition doesn't support VSTi instruments, so apparently i have to use "ReWire" and another software program that supports VSTi's, and use that in conjunction with adobe audition. i tried ableton (kept crashing), and logic (i figured out how to use logic's VSTi's, but still couldn't figure out how to use the VSTi's i have).can anyone suggest, or help me find a program (preferably one i can download for free), that allows you to utilize VSTi's. many thanks in advance...

Comments

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    rewire is a Steinberg "interface" between audio applications as far as I know. Your best bet is probably to get a pirate copy of Cubase SX since they're responsible both for VSTi and Rewire.

• rewire is a Steinberg "interface" between audio applications as far as I know. Your best bet is probably to get a pirate copy of Cubase SX since they're responsible both for VSTi and Rewire.

agree. plus there is all-in-one, recording, sequenzing and vst-hosting. like in logic btw, make sure the vst's are in the right folder...

• rewire is a Steinberg "interface" between audio applications as far as I know. Your best bet is probably to get a pirate copy of Cubase SX since they're responsible both for VSTi and Rewire.

agree. plus there is all-in-one, recording, sequenzing and vst-hosting. like in logic btw, make sure the vst's are in the right folder...
    thanks fellas. would either of you happen to know where i can find Cubase SX??

I had all the VST's in the VST plug-in folder in Logic, but i just can't get the damn program to locate or read them... anyone know how? many thanks

thanks fellas. would either of you happen to know where i can find Cubase SX??

I had all the VST's in the VST plug-in folder in Logic, but i just can't get the damn program to locate or read them... anyone know how? many thanks

the answer is: buy it! but of course you can try a any file sharing program which connects you to a big network, like for apps, i'd use limewire.

but try to figure out the problem with logic, maybe you need to ask somebody on a specalized board/forum. i'm sure, there are a few around.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i've been using this program called adobe audition to record live stuff (guitars, bass, keys, etc). i came across some plug-in VSTi's of synth sounds that i'd like to utilize through MIDI.

problem is, adobe audition doesn't support VSTi instruments, so apparently i have to use "ReWire" and another software program that supports VSTi's, and use that in conjunction with adobe audition. i tried ableton (kept crashing), and logic (i figured out how to use logic's VSTi's, but still couldn't figure out how to use the VSTi's i have).

can anyone suggest, or help me find a program (preferably one i can download for free), that allows you to utilize VSTi's. many thanks in advance...

go to www.futureproducers.com, fantasic forums that should be able to help u

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    your answer is not Cubase if you like to record live stuffs like that...Take Ableton Live.