When DJs attack.

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
I just recieved this message from one of my favorite strutters and all around good guy who will remain nameless.

I had to (edit and) share:

We were asked to play at this party on xxxx to cellebrate some art expo there. lil did we know this place woz packed with hipsters from (local art school).

We started our set at 1:30h. and as far as we knew, were rockin that joint till 6.
It didnt take long for us to get the place on fire ( serious FIRE ).
Until after an hour or so a pack of (hipster art school) clowns were telling us nobody liked our music and it was in our best intrest to let them play their mp3 contemporary BAGGER. For crying out loud we had about 200 peeps on the dancefloor dancin their butts off to our tunes. we kindly asked them to fuck off and let us do our thing cause it was why we were there in the first place.

But these fokkin hipsters didnt take no for an answer and started touchin our records and set up!

Now it was not me how started punchin hipsters...

But they had it comin'.

BTW we now have 2 fixed gear bikes we'd like to give away to non-hipster friends. or do you prefer (black rimmed) glasses?

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    They should start building DJ booths with barbed wire and sandbags.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    On one of the rare occasions that I've spun out, I had a spotter next to the booth who, after I'd faded out of it, offered me $5 for the Notations' "Superpeople." I politely turned him down, because, you know, I actually like owning that single. The guy looked like I'd passed on Apple stock ca. 1980 and immediately left.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    luck said:
    On one of the rare occasions that I've spun out, I had a spotter next to the booth who, after I'd faded out of it, offered me $5 for the Notations' "Superpeople." I politely turned him down, because, you know, I actually like owning that single. The guy looked like I'd passed on Apple stock ca. 1980 and immediately left.

I just had a guy come up to the decks and ask if we were selling records.
    Does this look like a record store???

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    luck said:

this is an idea i am seriously toying with.....

sets that really will pay off ;) everyone be a winner

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    tokyobeats said:
    funky16corners said:
    luck said:

TokyoBeats I am with you on that one. I have sold records right there at the DJ booth it's call about the c.r.e.a.m esp if it's a record i know i can find again.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    tokyobeats said:
    funky16corners said:
    luck said:

TokyoBeats I am with you on that one. I have sold records right there at the DJ booth it's call about the c.r.e.a.m esp if it's a record i know i can find again.

Many years ago, I did a funk 45 party in Berlin named "Soul To Go" where every record played was for sale. This was fun and I always sold at least a handful.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    One time I was getting stalked while DJing by this dude who would insult me one minute and then offer me a 'bump' the next, which also doesn't really impress me. It ended in a fight outside.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Sucks beating up dudes who enjoy being beaten up.