Question for D.C. and Baltimore heads

khadirkhadir 38 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Yo, I just got engaged and I'm looking to celebrate! I'm trying to kick it in D.C. or Baltimore this Friday or Saturday. I'm into pretty much all genres, just looking to have a good time with my fiancee. Man it feels good to meet the right woman after 36 years on this earth. Also restaurant suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks yall,

Matt

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I can recommend some Bmore restaurants:

Woodberry Kitchen-- very classy place w/ an emphasis on seasonal/organic/local. Amazing atmosphere. In a little pocket in the heart of the city that somehow manages to feel like small-town Pennsylvania (in the best possible way). I believe other Strutters will back me up on this one.

The Helmand -- first-rate Afghani spot closer to downtown. Feels fancy-ish, but very reasonably priced. The pumpkin appetizer and aushak salad are musts for starters.

As a back-up, Tapas Teatro is nice. Try the pea fritters and salad de Teatro. Located across the street from Club Charles, a popular bar.

For late-night eating, Nam Kang is a solid Korean spot open til 3 or 4 (bars close at 2 here and few places serve food past midnight).

p.s. congratulations!

• khadirkhadir 38 Posts
    Thanks Onetet! Woodbury Kitchen sounds great. Have you been to Duclaw Brewery? I had some good beer and food there the other night.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Hey man, lotta options as far as spots to go hang out at. I'll be DJing at Marvin (14th and U) in NW DC Friday night (tomorrow).

khadir said:
    Thanks Onetet! Woodbury Kitchen sounds great. Have you been to Duclaw Brewery? I had some good beer and food there the other night.

never been, but I see they have an airport location and I'm flying to Memphis tomorrow. hmm...

If we're talking beer and you enjoy microbrews, Brewer's Art on N. Charles St. is well worth a stop -- and a lot of places around town have their potent Resurrection on tap. A bit of a tangent, but Natty Boh (National Bohemian) is sort of the kitschy "local" and dirt-cheap beer of choice, but it actually hasn't been brewed here for quite some time. Resurrection is the real deal and will treat you right!

Also, I should add that for Woodberry and Helmand, reservations are recommended, esp. on the weekend. I dunno if Tapas Teatro takes 'em, and I've never seen Nam Kanh at full capacity.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    [A bit of a tangent, but Natty Boh (National Bohemian) is sort of the kitschy local and dirt-cheap beer of choice, but it actually hasn't been brewed here for quite some time. !

national bohemian,

their other brew was one of my all time faves
    national premium
    ("the pale dry ale")
    i wish they would bring that one back
    it was legit world class brew from the lil ole brewery known for natty bo

dc will be tourist central this weekend,
    charm city is a saner choice