Excuse me, what song are you listening to? (Pedestrian-R)

TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Kind of fascinating & I like the reactions. I want to hang with the guy listening to Keni Burke.

I like how he edited it. Would love to do one.

Edit: Post title.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    thaw was REALLY cool. people are over all pretty friendly and like to answer this question.
    what i'm wondering is what were they looking DOWN at??

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    This was good. I'm always curious about this as well.

Funny how 90% of the people have to look at their ipod to figure out what they're listening to. Big props on Keni Burke

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    jaymack said:
    thaw was REALLY cool. people are over all pretty friendly and like to answer this question.

I kind of wish someone would ask me this. He had a sign with the question, that helps.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    it is weird the number of people who have to look down at what they're listening to.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Tahnee said:
    jaymack said:

I kind of wish someone would ask me this. He had a sign with the question, that helps.

ok. kinda figured that.
    knowing me i'd be listening to something embarassing.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    cove said:
    it is weird the number of people who have to look down at what they're listening to.

Not really. I'm continually DLing songs to the mp3 player, and I'd be a straight-up lie if I said I memorized everything. There are certain tunes that come up in the iPod shuffle that I'm just hearing for the first time and can't identify artist or title...

Next time the directors might want to turn the overdubbed music down so we can hear the responses.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    SoulStrut dude at 5:04

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I love this! Actual real world social sharing. Thanks for, umm, sharing ;)

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    jaymack said:
    Tahnee said:
    jaymack said:

ok. kinda figured that.
    knowing me i'd be listening to something embarassing.

Like the girl embarrassed to be listening to Kanye West. The guys listening to Britney and Lady Gaga are cool with it.

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    FortyFivan said:
    I love this! Actual real world social sharing. Thanks for, umm, sharing ;)

Sure thing.

It breaks the wall put up when the headphones are on. I wouldn't mind it being longer either.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks for posting this. What a great idea.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Really cool. Girl embarassed by Blame Game is the best.

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    pickwick33 said:
    cove said:

Not really. I'm continually DLing songs to the mp3 player, and I'd be a straight-up lie if I said I memorized everything. There are certain tunes that come up in the iPod shuffle that I'm just hearing for the first time and can't identify artist or title...

For sure. Plus having a constant shuffle of an enormous library really detaches you from listening to the music as if you were putting on an album or even trying to listen to an artist like you did back in the day. I'm never at home and essentially use my ipod as a way to sift through and digest music. There's the obvious songs we like, and the popular stuff we hear out or on the radio, or the classic stuff we know we like and revisit, but personally the vast majority of music I wind up listening to is a bunch of mediocre filler that I'm almost mindlessly flipping through, still trying to make up my mind if I like or not, and whether it's bound for the trash or if at some conceivable time in the future I might be into or simply be glad I owned if only for achival purposes. And though I could probably nail the artist 90 percent of the time, I would fail miserably if asked to name a song on the fly.

sneakyp said:
    pickwick33 said:
    cove said:

For sure. Plus having a constant shuffle of an enormous library really detaches you from listening to the music as if you were putting on an album or even trying to listen to an artist like you did back in the day. I'm never at home and essentially use my ipod as a way to sift through and digest music. There's the obvious songs we like, and the popular stuff we hear out or on the radio, or the classic stuff we know we like and revisit, but personally the vast majority of music I wind up listening to is a bunch of mediocre filler that I'm almost mindlessly flipping through, still trying to make up my mind if I like or not, and whether it's bound for the trash or if at some conceivable time in the future I might be into or simply be glad I owned if only for achival purposes.

It's different for me. I'll usually listen to "albums" at home and distill the standout songs for the iPod, like a never-ending mix tape. There is no filler on my mp3 player.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Great idea. I always look around and wonder what folks are listening to or try to sneak a peak at their ipod screen.

A fun game would be to make a list of all songs playing and try to match it to the person listening.

I ride transit a lot.

Most of the people interviewed in that clip were listening to the usual Top 40 favorites - Britney, Kanye, etc.

Just once I was waiting for somebody to say they were listening to Von Lmo or something else out of the ordinary.