The Song Stuck in Your Head

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Something a coworker said a little while ago cause this little ditty to pop into my head:

There was something in the air that night
the stars were bright
FERNANDO

Not cool, Zeus.

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I often return to Coco Cabana. Usually when I'm getting dressed in the morning. A passion for fashion etc.

I've never really liked the song, but it just refuses to go away when my mind is still a handful of beans short of a coffee.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Wonder Woman theme the past 2 days. At home and at work I will suddenly sing "Wonder Woman! dun dun dun dun dun"

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    I get songs stuck in my head all the time, and they are not necessarily songs I like or want to hear. This is a big part of why I play music so much - because if I don't my brain will come up with random music for me. Two songs that I have been plagued with my whole life are "867-5309" and that "My Girl Wants To Party All The Time" song by Eddie Murphy.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    interns were playing the "Look at me Now, Look at me Now... I'm gettin' Pay-perrrrrrrrr" yesterday and that shit has been goin strong ever since. But then I saw a picture of my dog on facebook so I inserted his name into it changing it to "Look at him now, Dean's gettin pay-perrrrrr." I'm nuts. I'm going on break.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    you said 'this little ditty to pop', which immediately pops the ditty bops' ditty 'wishful thinking' into my head.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's usually something really naff and annoying. Although the other night it was the hook from Lykke Li's new single.

-

Back when I used to work in an office, we'd play this game when we were bored. It started out with the classic, trying to as a song stuck in as many peoples heads as possible. But then the office boss douche caught on and spoiled it, so we stopped that, and focused purely on him. We'd think of a catchy song, then change the lyrics to something derogatory about dude, then try and get the song stuck in his head. So then when he started humming it, we'd be singing our own lyrics about what a dick of a boss he was. sad, but it helped the day pass.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts

I'm whistling it all over the place.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I know what boys like, I know what guys want..........

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    It always comes back to In My House by the Mary Jane Girls for me. Can't manage to escape it.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the close encounters melody was stuck in my head all day yesterday

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    A few nights ago, when I was about to go to sleep it was "I got the music in me, I got the music in me..."

• Options
    ^^ great!

I always got a rotation of three and I don't know the whole songs just these parts:

"whistle while you work, fa la lah la lah lah lahhhhh"

"apple, peaches, pumpkin pie... I don't even wonder why"

"that's the sounds of the men working on the chain...gaaaaeeeeaaang. Hear them working saying whoo (whoo) hhaaa (hhaa)"

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    you said 'this little ditty to pop', which immediately pops the ditty bops' ditty 'wishful thinking' into my head.

Thanks alot! I read this and now I've got "Unskinny bop - bop. Bloes meee awaaaaaay - ay" stuck in my head

• PocketLintPocketLint 17 Posts
    It's always my kid's songs... Some Mario bros tune, Rihanna, a play she's working on. Rarely anything I want stuck

• It's been this for the past few days.

And it's because of this.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I got an invite to try out the google music beta program.
    It lets you add a bunch of free songs to your collection online.
    The first song was the Europe's The Final Countdown.
    I didnt recognize it for some reason and now its 3 days its been tattooed onto my brain memories wtf

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I am working in a generic open-plan office. My desk sucks, my back is to the door. Every asshole who walks in glances at my screens (1 x 27", 1 x 17")

This is my screensaver:

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    I am working in a generic open-plan office. My desk sucks, my back is to the door. Every asshole who walks in glances at my screens (1 x 27", 1 x 17")

whoa, we have like the exact same set up. I'm going to use this screensaver now. thanks.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    That goddamn GEICO song... Gotta give me what I want, gotta give me what I need need need...

Thinking of cancelling my policy with them because of it...

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I have this song stuck in my head after playing it earlier this afternoon:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Please Help..

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    pretty much all day. every day.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I whistle the intro to Otis Redding's 'Hard To Handle" ALL THE TIME. It must have been stuck in ym head for like 10 years now... and I'm not really mad about it either. People who don't know the song know it as the tune that I always whislte!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And now it's this:

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Due to evil TV, "Freeze Frame" has been in there, and it makes me angry.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

• delaspdelasp 21 Posts