Options

Memorial Day

edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Any plans for memorial weekend?

Will be Djing a wedding reception in Berkeley.
Hopefully will work in a version of Soldier Boy, maybe by the Shirelles...

And possibly Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Of Company B.

I wish I knew some other soulful tunes to play for this occasion. Any suggestions?

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'll probably go down to the Pet Shop and watch the children feed the long-haired Guinea Pigs. I was there once and a man was carrying a duck and it waved his webbed foot at me. I would get some ice cream but the store owner doesn't like me. Last time he didn't remember me but since this is Memorial Day I better not chance it. And if my T-Shirt is inappropriate I won't be able to go to the Zoo.....again.

• Options
    More specifically,

Upbeat tunes, for the celebration, like the glory of love, and born free ect.

Hehehe

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    I'll probably go down to the Pet Shop and watch the children feed the long-haired Guinea Pigs. I was there once and a man was carrying a duck and it waved his webbed foot at me. I would get some ice cream but the store owner doesn't like me. Last time he didn't remember me but since this is Memorial Day I better not chance it. And if my T-Shirt is inappropriate I won't be able to go to the Zoo.....again.

you forgot:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G.O.A.T.

Rare Earth, Three Dog Night, Kool and his good times and Led Zeppelin did "Celebration Day".

• Options
    Alright! Thanks man.

Btw, that shirt with the skittles-looking hightops on it help me score a near mint copy of:

The Fuzz - I Love You For All Seasons 45 on Calla
    Equalling == sureshot.

NorthernDealer10 said:
    Alright! Thanks man.

Btw, that shirt with the skittles-looking hightops on it help me score a near mint copy of:

Equalling == sureshot.

I would have guessed you were a Pre-Fuzz kinda guy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dam funk steve arrington boat ride

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    NorthernDealer10 said:
    Alright! Thanks man.

Equalling == sureshot.

I would have guessed you were a Pre-Fuzz kinda guy.

Well, yeah, I specialize in the 40's, 50's, 60's and even have some recordings of cylinders from the field.

But, diversification has helped me with survival.

• Rock that had me laughing out loud in real life!

Take that shit to the comedy gold thraed...

• Rockadelic said:

:killin_it:

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    chubby checker megamix into hawaii 5-0 theme.

keep it fresh.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    and do NOT play the chicken dance too early in the night, save it for that perfect moment. when the time is right, you'll know.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

RLMAO I had to read this post two times.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Pretty sure Rock wins the internet today.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Gonna get zooted up and reflect on fallen soldiers...like Fat Pat and his brother HAWK.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm actually gonna be in Japan that day.

• Options
    Ok,
    got the classical/jazz/Hawaiian/&soul; Lps ready. Tomorrow I just gotta prep the 45's, walk the dog, pack the car, and drive safely.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Folks

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My buddy is draggin me to Jones Beach this morning.
    Im not really in the mood for crowds. But ill tolerate to look at some T&A, and hang w/ the kids.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

What, pray tell, is this referencing? That erstwhile poster who tried to work out his psychoses through the unlicensed professionals on this site? I'm not on here enough to know for sure.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    luck said:
    Rockadelic said:

What, pray tell, is this referencing? That erstwhile poster who tried to work out his psychoses through the unlicensed professionals on this site? I'm not on here enough to know for sure.

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/70103/

I like to drive and always try to go with friends. For me, seeing them come up on a score is like better than me coming up on a score. Makes the memories have more souls, too. I, also, like digging with kids around, especially ones that start flipping through the records, playing, and having fun. That is why I like going through boxes on the floor an wearing fun t-shirts with pictures on them.

Today I was wearing a tan t-shirt with lots of Southpole hightop sneaker all over it. Jayshawn was the boy. I would tilt the records towards him so I could look at the covers and he would tilt them back towards me. Then, his papa, Jared told him to stop. He got up, walked by me, and brushed my shirt. Then he got a half of a plastic Easter egg and started eating skittles out of it. I told him that I like skittles too. He asked if he could go outside and ride his bike. They said, in a little bit. I went back to diggin'. Then I felt him brush my back again. I maintained focus until he started making chompin noises back there. I asked him what he was doing. He said eating the shoes off your shirt. I laughed and he said he liked those shoes.

• Options
    Made it back safely.

Great weather at the location, very happy and pleasing times for the folks.

I'm getting better at Djing.

Slow song of the night: Billie Holiday - Come Rain Or Shine

Goodnight.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Been in Memphis for a family reunion... was supposed to get back to Bmore yesterday evening in time for some music and enjoy a day full of cookouts today. But Delta cancelled my flight after 8 hrs of un-updated waiting in the airport, so now I'm up at 5am hoping I can get squeezed onto a flight to DC.

Still crossing my fingers that I'm home for the last of the grilling... hope everyone out there enjoys a beautiful day with friends and family.

• Manhattanhenge

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    elise said:
    luck said:
    Rockadelic said:

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/70103/

I like to drive and always try to go with friends. For me, seeing them come up on a score is like better than me coming up on a score. Makes the memories have more souls, too. I, also, like digging with kids around, especially ones that start flipping through the records, playing, and having fun. That is why I like going through boxes on the floor an wearing fun t-shirts with pictures on them.

Today I was wearing a tan t-shirt with lots of Southpole hightop sneaker all over it. Jayshawn was the boy. I would tilt the records towards him so I could look at the covers and he would tilt them back towards me. Then, his papa, Jared told him to stop. He got up, walked by me, and brushed my shirt. Then he got a half of a plastic Easter egg and started eating skittles out of it. I told him that I like skittles too. He asked if he could go outside and ride his bike. They said, in a little bit. I went back to diggin'. Then I felt him brush my back again. I maintained focus until he started making chompin noises back there. I asked him what he was doing. He said eating the shoes off your shirt. I laughed and he said he liked those shoes.

I must have been thinking about one of the other nutballs that habited this site over the past seven years. This one is new to me.