Favorite Rapper / Actor

2»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    bassie said:
    Murdock said:
    I like Ludacris...

Yea, me too....but it's hard to overlook his participation in the stinking pile known as Crash.
    k.

Unless, you've refused to watch it ... like me

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Nas was only in Seagal's Ticker for about 5 minutes but even in that short time frame he managed to pull off a death scene that was both touching and real.

As far as other rappers who have collaborated with the leathery giant:

Ja Rule does an OK job in Half Past Dead, Karupt not so much.
    Treach does a rather decent job of carrying any scene involving dialogue in Today You Die
    I, hand on heart, think DMX is decent in Exit Wounds.

I think there's more but recalling them involves going to a dark place I'd prefer not to visit.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Nathalie Portman ?
    Also I think Mos Def and Drake were wannabe actors before they tried to have a career as rappers.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Ice-T wins just on the strength of "Surviving The Game"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Marky Mark was a rappeur?
    Really?

I implore you to find and listen to Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - So What Chu Sayin, the b-side to the Good Vibrations 12".

You will never be the same.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    Mos Def
    I rides for the movie version of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and he had a huge role, so YES.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Grandfather said:
    when mc eiht was like "who gots some chips on the petro?" in Menace II Society, it was like i was there and he was asking me for my chips.

based purely on my foggy memory (and enduring love for this "film") I have to say I think he says 'snaps.'

please to correct me if im wrong.

I was looking for a clip on youtube but I can only find the entire movie in 10 parts. I dont really feel like putting that much research into it but I very well could be wrong. It might be 'snaps'

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    definitly mos def, and yes he was an actor before being an mc (at least a known one) he was in a very dramatic movie and also a tv show..

Dude was killing it in 16 blocks.

Ice cube was definetly dope in Boys in the Hood.

Tupac wasnt bad either in his movies.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    LL in H2O!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Haha...was waiting for that

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Controller_7 said:
    All the rappers in Menace were good/appropriate.

agreed.

to be fair, though, if we're talmbout mere cameos (and not 2nd career/multiple roles over years) we need consider Krush Groove, Who's the man, etc...

there's only a few dudes who have really made 2nd careers out of acting (Ice-T, Cube, Marky Mark, the Onyx guy).

cameo-wise let's not forget Lord Lamar in Sopranos.

Jamar.

haha I'm gonna leave my typo as-is because it's funny to me.

2pac is the only one mentioned here so far who IMO was an un-ironic, stand-alone actor without any reference to his rap career.

rootlesscosmo said:
    2pac is the only one mentioned here so far who IMO was an un-ironic, stand-alone actor without any reference to his rap career.

??? Mark Wahlberg, dude. If anything, he desperately doesn't want anyone talking about his rap career.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Controller_7 said:

agreed.

to be fair, though, if we're talmbout mere cameos (and not 2nd career/multiple roles over years) we need consider Krush Groove, Who's the man, etc...

there's only a few dudes who have really made 2nd careers out of acting (Ice-T, Cube, Marky Mark, the Onyx guy).

Jamar.

Lord Lamar!!!!

DB_Cooper said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Marky Mark was a rappeur?
    Really?

I implore you to find and listen to Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - So What Chu Sayin, the b-side to the Good Vibrations 12".

You will never be the same.

I couldn't rest until this was found and heard. BASK IN THE GLORY:

love the bells.

Nothing quite like that '91 Golden Age boom bap.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Lord Jamar was good in Oz

DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

??? Mark Wahlberg, dude. If anything, he desperately doesn't want anyone talking about his rap career.

no; you misunderstand me.

I mean, even if he had never been a rapper, 2pac is the only dude mentioned in here who was/is a legit actor. I think that's what I mean.

the others to whatever extent kind of trade on their rap personas IMO. definitely cube, and to a lesser extent Ice T.

rootlesscosmo said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

I mean, even if he had never been a rapper, 2pac is the only dude mentioned in here who was/is a legit actor. I think that's what I mean.

the others to whatever extent kind of trade on their rap personas IMO. definitely cube, and to a lesser extent Ice T.

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah, without the rap, he would have just been Donnie Wahlberg's brother.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Controller_7 said:

agreed.

Jamar.

Lord Lamar!!!!

AKA Tasty Taste

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

"Yo, we got some hats now, muh-fuckers."

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    "Yo, we got some hats now, muh-fuckers."

"And if you notice, I ain't said shit for a couple minutes now."

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

What would call what 2pac did in Juice?

sweatshop said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

What would call what 2pac did in Juice?

he's a steet kid who played a street kid.

I don't see a lot of the Cali earnest rapping Pac in Bishop's NY crazy knucklehead character.

but that's not really my point: I think with Cube it's sorta either Cube playing Cube (Boyz n the Hood) or Cube playing a family man which is only interesting/funny because it's Cube doing it. Ice T is a passable cop on TV but he's not fucking with Pac for range, acting chops, etc.

Pac was is the only notable un-ironic, stand-alone actor in here.

my opinion of course.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what about rappin auteurs? master p vs 50?