Rare folk find Catherine Howe

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Found this today in a local thrift. What's the deal with this record?
I read something about only 20 copies floating around which I can hardly imagine.

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4714449061

Comments

• Options
    Her label shut down just as the record was about to come out, so very few copies ever surfaced. Numero did a reissue 2-3 years ago. Nice find.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dope record and crazy ill find. Well done, dude.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Just as Rare as the price suggests. Love the music I've heard from her so far. Way to go.

• blockoblocko 43 Posts
    ill find!
    is it in good condition?
    congrats...

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    someone posted on the breaks.com with the same find... 2 euro or something. They flipped it for hundreds... are you the same guy?

nice album, but certainly no linda perhacs imo

• utters said:
    are you the same guy?
    nah, markus71is Jazzadelica on the-breaks.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    I've had one and I have seen another copy too, so only 20 seems way to low. Especially since somebody at the VG+ board found one 2 weeks ago too...

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Blast Kid said:
    I've had one and I have seen another copy too, so only 20 seems way to low. Especially since somebody at the VG+ board found one 2 weeks ago too...

Yeah, I saw the one on The Breaks as well. Dude's from the Netherlands as well. It seems to pop up around here every now and then.
    Did you sell it yourself and how much did you get for it if I may ask?

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    Blast Kid said:
    Dude's from the Netherlands as well. It seems to pop up around here every now and then.

3 out of 5 of the copies listed on Popsike were sold from the Netherlands. What's the deal?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Kratgraver at VG+ forum posted this reply a couple days ago about your find.
    I don't know if it's true, though.

"The story I heard is that the record never made the UK market. The record label
    went bankrupt before the release and all records where shipped to the Netherlands."

Peace

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've got sealed copies of her RCA LP from the early 70's that I can't give away....must be a lot different musically from this one.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    I've got sealed copies of her RCA LP from the early 70's that I can't give away....must be a lot different musically from this one.

If it's "Harry," yeah, that one sucks. I'd had that one before and it took a real confidence in Numero to give their reissue a shot, but it's a much better album.

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    markus71 said:
    Blast Kid said:

Yeah, I saw the one on The Breaks as well. Dude's from the Netherlands as well. It seems to pop up around here every now and then.
    Did you sell it yourself and how much did you get for it if I may ask?

I traded it for a record that I had wanted for a long time. In value maybe not a very good deal, but I'm glad with that record. If I were you I'd put it on ebay. If it's in great condition, you'll definitely get a high price for it.