What is raer hip hop?

2»

Comments

• I wish someone would erase my DJ mix off this board right now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm not looking for anything raer to collect.

I also find it crazy that dude only started this thread to know what he could buy to resell.

Dogs,.........Im not some collector geek tryin' to smell the market. I was more interested in the artists who works were percieved as so. So dont call me out on some ole other shit. If you feel that this is sacred ground/territory because that's your game, well, swallow your pride.

Ask JP........I'm a regular dude.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Just curious but what "gems" did you think I leaked? I seriously can't believe anyone who reads SS wasn't already aware of 90% of what I compiled here.

I don't think its too paranoid to assume that some old head dealers/vultures check this place out from time to time to get hip to whats going on right now in the record game and they have/had no clue about this stuff... even giving them an inkling could keep future finds from hitting the floor and send them straight to the 'bay

Here's how hectic shit is getting: there is almost no spot in my area where used CDs aren't listed online now, so the chances of me getting one damn thing thats out of print are almost nil now already...

Just curious but what "gems" did you think I leaked? I seriously can't believe anyone who reads SS wasn't already aware of 90% of what I compiled here.

I don't think its too paranoid to assume that some old head dealers/vultures check this place out from time to time to get hip to whats going on right now in the record game and they have/had no clue about this stuff... even giving them an inkling could keep future finds from hitting the floor and send them straight to the 'bay

If Pandora's box was cracked, that wasnt my intention, for all the p_noids out there. O-DUB and JP have set shit St8 already.
    I am no threat to your game.

If Pandora's box was cracked, that wasnt my intention, for all the p_noids out there. O-DUB and JP have set shit St8 already.

I am no threat to your game.

Sorry for jumping on you like that...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Which reminds me: That Troubleneck 12" is no big deal. $10-15.

That is at the very least a $50 record everytime I've sold it.

Which reminds me: That Troubleneck 12" is no big deal. $10-15.

That is at the very least a $50 record everytime I've sold it.

Im talkin bout this joker........

Whatever, cats got their underoos all in a bunch.

• Post deleted by kidgusto

• Wouldn't you say, aside from the prices, rare rap & rare funk are two different animals?

what oop JP.

nice question. I would agree with this because funk and hip hop records seemed to me like they were in some ways made for a different type of consumer. The hip hop records being more for the dj's, and the funk would be more for the record collector/music fan/band fan.

also i feel that since funk has got a few years over hip hop in age and marination, that in itself make the two completely different species as well.

hollur.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i really wish mylatency would come on and erase half the fuckin threads on this board right now.

damn...i guess i wasn't the only one that thought that just now....

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    oliver,

i think the last 5 or so threads i've read w/ your replys have had a post that begins w/ "no offense but..."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    oliver,

i think the last 5 or so threads i've read w/ your replys have had a post that begins w/ "no offense but..."

No offense Delay but I think maybe you need to get off the keyboard and go out and get some fresh air.

(I think we need a graemlin for this too).

Are graemlins the new locations?

I think so.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

If that's the case, then I guess I should share that the really, really, really hot rare shit, that everyone is going to be paying $1,000 for are Brian Auger and Grover Washington LPs. Swear to god, they're gonna blow up like northern soul and funk 45s. And dealers and collectors should start paying top dollar for original issue Rawkus promos. They're gonna be the next Pelons.

Seriously DD - I'm not capping on you but if your logic held true, wouldn't that mean that we shouldn't talk about ANY records here out of the fear that someone would use that knowledge for evil?

No offense of course.

Seriously DD - I'm not capping on you but if your logic held true, wouldn't that mean that we shouldn't talk about ANY records here out of the fear that someone would use that knowledge for evil?

No offense of course.

LOL... naw, I'm just trying to save my area from being hit by one of the last trends, cuz there's pretty much nothing left otherwise...