CTI SUITCASE CONTINUED...

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited February 2018 in Strut Central
so, my mate Perish (and fellow Strutter) found this inside a promo copy of Cherry today...

AMAZING!

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    dopE!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    seriously, mystery (almost) solved...

the only thing better at this point would be to actually have a photo of the real deal.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I figured most people had seen that pic sleeve already.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Three more posts and we're talking bell-less mardi grass again ;-)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Same here - but I remembered it being an insert, not a sleeve. I'm sure I've got at least a couple of them.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    leon said:
    Three more posts and we're talking bell-less mardi grass again ;-)

Notice that the case doesn't come with any records inside it

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    djsheep said:
    so, my mate Perish (and fellow Strutter) found this inside a promo copy of Cherry today...

AMAZING!

Somehow seems fitting that the glass of wine is a ros??.

• MiddleDeanMiddleDean 68 Posts
    Thank you for sharing, made my morning

P.S Supreme is a

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

only those who actually listen to tepid smooth jazz :D

• cuthbert151cuthbert151 116 Posts
    one of those sold on ebay some years back for around $65,and it was full of records.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    white_tea said:
    djsheep said:

AMAZING!

Somehow seems fitting that the glass of wine is a ros??.

I thought the same thing. I imagined it to be a glass of Napa Gamay.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Jspr said:
    How awesome it would be to carry your records around in respective label attach??s, like a Riverside attach??, Strata East attach?? etc.!

Attache' cases were to the mid-70's what Fanny Packs were to the early 90's.
    Every self-respecting man should have one at all times and try to carry all manner of appropriate (and inappropriate) things in them.

• per0per0 152 Posts
    There are some other pics, though average quality on Soulstruts Flikr page.

It's from a 8000 series copy of Cherry, non gatefold with a gold "Demonstration Not For Sale" stamp on the back. Kinda freaked out when I saw this as I was just checking the condition of the record. Wasn't gonna get it as I already had it, this sealed the deal.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    endless flight case

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    mrmatthew said:
    Jspr said:
    How awesome it would be to carry your records around in respective label attach??s, like a Riverside attach??, Strata East attach?? etc.!

Attache' cases were to the mid-70's what Fanny Packs were to the early 90's.
    Every self-respecting man should have one at all times and try to carry all manner of appropriate (and inappropriate) things in them.

self-respecting dudes wore fanny packs in the 90's?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Attache cases were to blues/rock harmonica players of the 80s what anvil record cases were to djs of the 90s.

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    per0 said:
    I was just checking the condition of the record. Wasn't gonna get it as I already had it.

I like that you were "just curious" about what condition this record was in despite the fact you had no intention of buying it. That shows you really care!

• per0per0 152 Posts
    Minty.

Was more curious, as I haven't ever found it in OZ and bought mine from a US dealer quite a few years ago, on condition and price etc... Cover is NM also. They may be common in the US, but good CTI, and most good 70's jazz, seems quite hard to come by for me here...

On another note, the advert mentions sending in coupons found in the 8000 series records. Anyone ever copped one?

• per0per0 152 Posts
    no coupons? :(