competition help. [grilled cheese-r]

2»

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    batmon said:
    good chesse and good bread its a wrap.

adding meat to mac n cheese aint mac and cheese.

fuck a sauce.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    oh shit

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    CinisterCee said:
    I've made an egg muffin with cheese but never a grilled cheese and egg. Sounds relevant.

Sayin! If you put an egg on a grilled cheese, it is now an egg sandwich. Might as well be all YOPUTABURGERONTHAT and have a grilled cheese with burger, bacon, and bleu cheese. Fuck it???hold the cheese.

• Sourdough
    Halloumi (pre grilled)
    Rub garlic on bread
    Grill over coals
    Lemon wedges
    (Good butter like isigny st mereor or some duck fat to graese the fucker.)

Serve with;
    Cucumber halved with lemon, salt, pepper and little Lungarotti or similar EV Olive Oil
    Michelada

DB_Cooper said:

Sayin! If you put an egg on a grilled cheese, it is now an egg sandwich. Might as well be all YOPUTABURGERONTHAT and have a grilled cheese with burger, bacon, and bleu cheese. Fuck it???hold the cheese.

Monkey shot

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Rich45s said:
    Okem said:

There's a place in London that's become quite famous with foodies for it amazing toasties. They use; thick slabs of French Poil??ne bread, grated Montgomery cheddar cheese, plus four members of the onion family: red, white, shallots and leeks plus a touch of garlic.

Is this Fernandez & Wells ?

If so, my slightly sceptical claim to fame, is that I am convinced I made them end up serving their roast pork rolls. I went to the one in the street where that record shop is just down from the Jon Snow pub, they had a roast pork special on, and I asked for the pork in a bap. They got a bit confused and then put two huge slices in one with loads of apple sauce. Few days later, they were doing them as rolls. They have blatantly scrimped on the pork in them since my first one though.

I also thought you should go down the Rarebit route.
    It's in Borough Market. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4195460/Platonic-ideal-of-a-cheese-sandwich-realised-in-Britain.html

There's also a very good stall in St Nicholas Market Bristol that does practically the same thing.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Okem said:

*When the cheese is heated to molten levels and the bread just can't contain its Vesuvius like nature, it bursts forth on to the hot iron and is formed into a little piece of dairy based ecstasy.

• i tried some dairy based ecstacy once, and i felt fucking horrible the next day.

• How bout slow cooking down and caramelizing onions into a jam? And mix in some roasted garlic paste? To spread on the bread.

Then it's a condiment / sauce, and not a 'vegetable'. and it's heavenly good. With a sharply flavored cheese to counter the sweet.

http://purplefoodie.com/roasted-garlic-and-onion-jam/

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts
    so grilled cheese isnt really grilled? It's fried......sorry, European strutter ignorance......in the UK & Ireland we do toasted cheese sandwiches.....nothing on the level of some the posts in this thread though

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    today's the day.

after trying out a bunch of things im going with the weirdest one i could come up with.

triple decker parmesan infused buttermilk square-poured pancake sandwiches with jarlsberg as the glue. buttermilk dill sauce on the side.

PICS PLEEZ!!!!!

soon come breddah..... soon come.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Risingson said:
    so grilled cheese isnt really grilled? It's fried......sorry, European strutter ignorance......in the UK & Ireland we do toasted cheese sandwiches.....nothing on the level of some the posts in this thread though

Grilled with enough fat/oil = fried.

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    I stick a tomato slice and some jalepeno peppers and call it a day.

illegal chutney's and bacon greases have shown up. this shot is a sham!

pictures taken though, will be uploaded soon.

(i still got this)

some pix i pulled from my phone......

and my concoction:

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    that actually looks pretty damn good. great job!

the smoked gouda in the 4th picture tasted EXACTLY like prosciutto. it was scary good.

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    Propers.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Looks v. tasty.

Did you win?

• with the next contest approaching fast, i'm bolstering my chances of winning by preparing tests in the weeks leading up to the big game.

mac & cheese, bacon shreds and chiptole with monterey jack cheese.

here's the kicker. vegan.

[inside scoop on one of the judges-r]

vegan bacon = Army Intelligence