WOAH - Charanjit Singh / Acid House /

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited February 2019 in Music
is this old news? I mean, apparently it is, but has this been discussed on here? has anyone ever come across a copy of this original LP? The music is stupid ill.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/apr/10/charanjit-singh-acid-house

TAGGED:

Comments

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Yeah we talked about it a few months ago. Art on the reissue is pretty terrible.

OG:

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I love this album.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    the original thread had some of the best moments on this board in recent history!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    weird - I did a search and nothing popped up.

has anyone ever come across an OG?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Raer as fuck. Only foos I know who got it are bombaybeats dudes.

• subsub 311 Posts
    the album is incredible! is it still in question or doubt that it is original? an indian record dealer i know actually has a copy for sale.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    i still find it hard to believe its real, given how clean the mix is, the fact that it was originally on EMI and yet so few copies survived. amazing historical artifact. the vocoder had me thinking it was aphex having a laugh.

• subsub 311 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    i still find it hard to believe its real, given how clean the mix is, the fact that it was originally on EMI and yet so few copies survived. amazing historical artifact. the vocoder had me thinking it was aphex having a laugh.

like i said. my indian record connection has it for sale and he's not the dude that i can imagine being part of a fake story. the only thing i can imagine is that they did some editing of the original material.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    mp3s??

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    How much rarer is simla beat? The savages? The other rare garage band lp from 70s? And yah its og, copy or so on bay for buy it now of like $1600

What about the rare deleted osts ftom burman, shankar jaikishan, kalyanji, sonik omi ( dr x) that were deatroyed cause the movies were flops? Never really see them for sale and when they are in good condition they go for loot. Also what about the naya nasha ep w smoking cover? Never seen one for sale, was offered an og w/o pic sleeve for 2 bills...

fckvwls said:
    How much rarer is simla beat? The savages? The other rare garage band lp from 70s? And yah its og, copy or so on bay for buy it now of like $1600

?? where? post lank?

Woimsah an indian seller had a copy on ebay fo charanjit singh w $1600 BIN or best offer, not sure if its still there.

well, not sure about the validity of this...but...

http://wap.irishclubbing.ie/showthread.php?p=258273

:(

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    well, not sure about the validity of this...but...

http://wap.irishclubbing.ie/showthread.php?p=258273

:(

It could've happened, hardly anybody knew this record then (it also could have been trashed).

I was thrown by the recording quality at first also, but he recorded this with his own equipment that he bought overseas while on tour - I don't think any of the studios in India were as well equipped as he was.

• JoeMojo said:
    Art on the reissue is pretty terrible.

:puto:

Freaky Indian architecture + original type all meticulously hand-drawn with a fountain pen by Dutch whiz kid designer Stefan Glerum. This kid is so incredibly talented and the shapes, color, and style of his work suits the music so perfectly.

More of Stefan's art and design work:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    TheeeCasualMale said:

I'm sorry, but this is like Ten Ragas with Three Penises, they should have used the OG art.

Dude's other work is very cool, though.