Raphael Saadiq - Good Man

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited February 2011 in Strut Central

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm kinda confused, was dude trying to get money for his girl while she was cheating or was he a pimp? Nice beat.

Dudes here didnt give his Ray Ray project a thumbs up, but this falls in line w/ Saddiq's "Pool Hall Soul".........IMO.

b/w

• CUTTY!

• Why isn't there a Wire sighting graemlin?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Herm said:
    Why isn't there a Wire sighting graemlin?

Really dig the track.

Also, I realised the other night that Mayor Royce is the first victim in Gremlins. Rewatching movies post-The Wire related.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    bumpin'
    i really thought this should have gotten more attention than 6 replies

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    These song are fiyah. I need more PHS in mah life.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

Dude.
    His other song being played on the college radio is quite nice as well.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    I'm kinda confused, was dude trying to get money for his girl while she was cheating or was he a pimp?

Yea, well.

I have professed my lust for Chad Coleman on the Strut before, so goodness knows I am happy to see more of him???but this storyline is ass. Nice song, great look to the video, amazing clothes, etc. but the double-crossing-jail-baiting-gold-digging-woman-as-the-devil for no reason other than she's no good shit is shit.
    Nice song still!

bassie said:
    batmon said:
    I'm kinda confused, was dude trying to get money for his girl while she was cheating or was he a pimp?

Yea, well.

I have professed my lust for Chad Coleman on the Strut before, so goodness knows I am happy to see more of him???but this storyline is ass. Nice song, great look to the video, amazing clothes, etc. but the double-crossing-jail-baiting-gold-digging-woman-as-the-devil for no reason other than she's no good shit is shit.
    Nice song still!

"U just wanna see the chimes right?"

lmho - don't you mean windchimes?

bassie said:

Matty: My temperature runs a couple of degrees high, around a hundred. I don't mind. It's the engine or something.
    Ned: Maybe you need a tune up.
    Matty: Don't tell me. You have just the right tool.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    Dopeness, but I really could do without the chorus..such a tired ass clich?? chorus.. BEP kinda shit.. Rphael's part and the instrumental is blazin

Jamal said:
    Dopeness

batmon said:
    bassie said:

Matty: My temperature runs a couple of degrees high, around a hundred. I don't mind. It's the engine or something.
    Maybe you need a tune up.
    Matty: Don't tell me. You have just the right tool.

Ned: Don???t normally see your type around here. You look well-tended.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    content/string arrangement makes it sound like an answer song to them two 'am i a good man'

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Sup w/ the entire LP?

sweatshop said:
    Sup w/ the entire LP?

Just copped today.....one third through....good so far.....

:latte:

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    bassie said:
    Chad Coleman
    A little while back, I was privileged enough to overhear part of a good-natured cross-generational debate between a fiftysomething lady and her thirtysomething female relation concerning who had the more potent beard: Teddy Pendergrass or Cutty. I didn't get to hear who won, but when their bus rolled up, Chad was on the ropes.

"Child, please--when there's a whole generation of black men whose smiling mamas named them 'Cutty', you call me, okay?"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    nicole kidman has the more potent beard (RIMSHOT RMX feat raphael saadiq!)

• I've been a fan of Raphael Saadiq since "Instant Vintage". I got "Stone Rollin" as soon as it came out and I got it for "Good Man".