ARC Pre-Post Show Report

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Very slow show....many regulars not in attendance......16 diners at Hoovers was an all-time low....was great to have Harvey join us this time around.

Enjoyed time spent with the usual suspects.....Ironfeets the digger's digger....."D" I wish we had more time to hang out.

Lots of good vinyl found....I'll post some finds tomorrow.

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    nice find rock!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Agreed. The show may have been smaller than usual, but I still had a great time. Things picked up for me as Saturday went on. Great meeting you R*ch and Harvey (sup, Br*an). Also ran into some other folks from the boards. I'll make arrangements to stay longer next time.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rock, re-post that other record you originally posted foo!

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    You mean the ARC Utrecht fair? In case you do, let me know next time where ya at. Always nice to meet people in real life. Greetings, Erwin from Demonfuzz Records, Rotterdam

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    drewnice said:
    Agreed. The show may have been smaller than usual, but I still had a great time. Things picked up for me as Saturday went on. Great meeting you R*ch and Harvey (sup, Br*an). Also ran into some other folks from the boards. I'll make arrangements to stay longer next time.

What did you pay for the Wee?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Among other things, this is what I remember buying...

Monk Higgins - Little Mama LP
    Grassella Oliphant - The Grass Is Greener LP
    Kleeer - Intimate Connection LP
    Eddie Kendricks - All By Myself LP
    Big Mike - World of Mine 12"
    Do or Die - Po Pimp 12"
    Fiend - Street Life LP
    Twista - Adrenaline Rush LP

Very cool to see everybody, but I simply cannot condone 2 grown men sharing an ice cream-topped, tenderberry cobbler out of a single bowl...sorry.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I didn't buy much this time. I made a deal with my wife to buy a lot of tube amp gear a month ago, so I focused on selling instead of buying. The show was slower this time but I sold more than ever. Buyers seemed to be willing to buy higher priced records. I put up a small wall of records and had to keep reloading it each day.

I took these home though:

The Black Six movie poster with 6 NFL players, including 'Mean' Joe Greene

mint sealed Carlos Garnett - Black Love

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh yeah, saw Kon spin a boogie set over the weekend. Made me like re-edits a little more, I'll say that.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Among other things, this is what I remember buying...

Monk Higgins - Little Mama LP
    Grassella Oliphant - The Grass Is Greener LP
    Kleeer - Intimate Connection LP
    Eddie Kendricks - All By Myself LP
    Big Mike - World of Mine 12"
    Do or Die - Po Pimp 12"
    Fiend - Street Life LP
    Twista - Adrenaline Rush LP

Very cool to see everybody, but I simply cannot condone 2 grown men sharing an ice cream-topped, tenderberry cobbler out of a single bowl...sorry.
    WTF!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I simply cannot condone 2 grown men sharing an ice cream-topped, tenderberry cobbler out of a single bowl...sorry.

Once you are secure with your own masculinity, or are too old to give a rats ass, you'll be able to do this too.

b/w

GD that cobbler was good!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is about 1/2 of what I bought/traded.......a few clips of oddballs at the end.

Feel Ideal from AZ.....I had donated a copy to the Haiti Benefit Auction on Waxidermy and it brought $1,350

Wrigley Field Organist Funk
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14732411-411

Crazy private press from 1980....all other cuts are sung in Spanish...NSFW
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14732376-eb6

1969 supposed American Servicemen ....LP was pressed in Italy.
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14732373-cc2

Local Houston private press
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14732375-21a

Obscure Glori label release..
    http://www.divshare.com/download/14732372-904

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Great stuff Rich, wish I'd made it out this time around.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    yeah, interesting & cool looking finds, can't wait to get back to ARC.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Whoa! I don't know where to start, it was super fun as usual for me.... I will post up some blurry picks later. However I did want to give a thank you to Mr. Dave "DJ Cool Hands" H... for hookin it up for me Thanks Bro I wouldn't have been able to roll if you didn't come thru like you did, that's a real dude fo sho!

I got some pretty fresh stuff at the show and Rock you know that record you gave me was hitting hard, found a couple more tracks on that thing thanks man!!!

However GP went bezerk when Dallas Mavs won he was ready to rip my shirt off and pinch my nipples for sayin that the mav's choke in the playoffs... (No hate jus sayin)... LOL Maude's was fresh...

BIll with the home brew thanks, good stuff! Again Texas dudes where in full effect with Hospitality I can't say enough about that to everyone that I got to rap with high fives yall good people, way to many to name!!! And a shout to the SD Dealers!!!

New day was fresh the tracks played that night where super fire fresh with sprinkles of baby powder, so hot but not wet! Hope to put up the pics soon....

But some of the best records I got was at the friends of sound WOW my face is still efed up from all the melts....

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Whoa! I don't know where to start, it was super fun as usual for me.... I will post up some blurry picks later. However I did want to give a thank you to Mr. Dave "DJ Cool Hands" H... for hookin it up for me Thanks Bro I wouldn't have been able to roll if you didn't come thru like you did, that's a real dude fo sho!

I got some pretty fresh stuff at the show and Rock you know that record you gave me was hitting hard, found a couple more tracks on that thing thanks man!!!

However GP went bezerk when Dallas Mavs won he was ready to rip my shirt off and pinch my nipples for sayin that the mav's choke in the playoffs... (No hate jus sayin)... LOL Maude's was fresh...

BIll with the home brew thanks, good stuff! Again Texas dudes where in full effect with Hospitality I can't say enough about that to everyone that I got to rap with high fives yall good people, way to many to name!!! And a shout to the SD Dealers!!!

New day was fresh the tracks played that night where super fire fresh with sprinkles of baby powder, so hot but not wet! Hope to put up the pics soon....

But some of the best records I got was at the friends of sound WOW my face is still efed up from all the melts....

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Had a good first time-long ass drive though! Good for sales & to meet fellow Strut/Waxi fam & bad for buying-didn't set up til 3PM on Fri & all the good stuff was gone by then. Fall show is a strong possibility-will bring 45's also.