Canadians - Vote Strut 2011

2»

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    liberals are getting murdered. it's going to be a bit weird to have layton as the leader of the opposition.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    suck it senor tequila (blackburn)
    suck it lawrence cannon
    however we are screwed for 4 more years

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Standard: Quebec is progressive, and the rest of
    Canada is largely status quo or stupid

What a disgrace. I'm off to Europe, fuck North America

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am hatting our system right now
    the bloc is close to instinction

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    damn damn damn

I can't imagine what our country is going to look like when this fuck and his shitstains are done with it.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts

This sucks, but at least we'll have a more meaningful opposition for the next four years. And it's probably going to cause the Liberal to move their platform more leftward in the future.

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    cove said:
    Standard: Quebec is progressive, and the rest of
    Canada is largely status quo or stupid

This is dumb. Have you actually looked at the results? I'm guessing no.

Not to mention that the NDP may have made gains simply by appealing to latent Quebecois nationalism. Real cool.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    The Bloq and the NDP are very similar... The two most similar parties. The main difference is the BQ's sovereignty angle.

And did i look at the results? I sure as fekk did

You sound Albertan

cove said:
    The Bloq and the NDP are very similar... The two most similar parties. The main difference is the BQ's sovereignty angle.

And did i look at the results? I sure as fekk did

You sound Albertan

The NDP have been playing up the idea of re-opening the constitution, and also some matters related to Quebec's language laws. If you think that that had no effect on getting people who normally support sovereigntist groups to vote for the NDP this time, then I'd say you're being naive.

The Conservatives only got a majority of the vote in the three prairie provinces; therefore, to say that the rest of Canada is somehow "stupid" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm not Albertan. By the same measure, I could say that you sound Montr??alais.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    to ignore that ontario has turned blue and wants it's place at the table is dumb, have you looked at the before and after electoral map near and around toronto
    your latent theory does not hold ground given last elections poor showing of the NDP with the same approach. I am not a separatist by any stretch but i think the way Harper will plow through these next years will revive the ''latent'' coal at the bottom of the fire pit.

pcmr said:
    your latent theory does not hold ground given last elections poor showing of the NDP with the same approach. I am not a separatist by any stretch but i think the way Harper will plow through these next years will revive the ''latent'' coal at the bottom of the fire pit.

How does that not fit the definition of latent?
    The NDP appealed to Quebecois nationalist/separatist/whatever sentiments, and that probably helped them.

to ignore that ontario has turned blue and wants it's place at the table is dumb, have you looked at the before and after electoral map near and around toronto

The Conservatives gained less than +2.0% in terms of popular vote, though. Apparently, the gains were in all the right ridings. What this says to me is that the first-past-the-post system is a bad way of doing things. In my opinion, it doesn't indicate a huge rightward shift in the country.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts