Is Rich Rosen gonna try and screw me?

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
He bought an only-known-copy type Jamaican doo-wop 45 off me a week or so ago, and soon after getting it started sending me cryptic ebay messages insisting I call him. At first it just seemed like he wanted to talk "rare records" w. me, but now his latest message hints at wanting a parial refund for the condition its in (nice playing VG- or, Jamaican VG). Granted, it did cost him a lot of money, but I told him he can return it for a refund because I don't mess with the partial refund game, especially considering the listing had a visual grade, an audio grade, clips for both sides... and ITS THE ONLY COPY IN THE HISTORY OF THE... Internet, at least.

I've never dealt with this guy before, but his asshole bonafides are pretty legendary no? Suggestions on how to handle would be duly noted. Normally I'd just deal with this myself quietly, but if he tries anything shady its good chunk of coin we're talking about here... coin I sort of need at the moment so,,

Here's the clip from the listing BTW, sounds OK to these ears...
Exhibit A:

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Stick to your guns and have him send it back if he's displeased. Keep it polite NO MATTER WHAT. Don't lose your temper, don't be sarcastic, keep it professional.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Stick to your guns and have him send it back if he's displeased. Keep it polite NO MATTER WHAT. Don't lose your temper, don't be sarcastic, keep it professional.

Agree 100% with this.

b/w

I have NM Jamaican 45s that sound way worse than this.

b/w

This song is :face_melt: the guitar accompaniment is insane.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    How much did it go for?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    How much did it go for?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    How much did it go for?
    because 'Preme will double it!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I thought this thread was going to be about getting hit on by Rich Rosen.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Of course he's going to try to screw you. He wouldn't be Rich Ross if he didn't

- Diego

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    Of course he's going to try to screw you. He wouldn't be Rich Ross if he didn't

And he's not. He's Rich ROSEN. ;-)

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    It went for high triple figs. He seems to have backed off the partial "rebate" thing, but I admit its hard to tell. Dudes emails read as if English were his like, fifth language.

Rich Ross ??

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I did not have a positive experience with that guy. I was there for about an hour with him looking over my shoulder the whole time. I only pulled out about 4 or 5 12" records. I don't even remember what they were (80s electro stuff) but he wanted something stupid like 30-40 bucks for each one and wouldn't budge on the price. He said I should look at his reissuses because I couldn't afford originals. I didn't buy anything. I had plenty of money in my pocket too. He said something very sarcastic as I left as well like "thanks for taking up my time".

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Do I really have to explain that Joke?

You're slipping Soulstrut.

- spidey