• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    This is the only ghost I ride for:

• Options
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:
    This is the only ghost I ride for:

I used to like this one:

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If I hear a noise or see a light that I can't explain I blame it, in order, on the below....

1 - Space Aliens
    2 - Magic
    3 - Ghosts
    4 - God
    5 - Gilbert Gottfried
    6 - Bigfoot w/a Flashlight
    7 - Satan
    8 - Santa Claus
    9 - My imaginary friend Satan Claws
    10 - OSAMA BIN LADEN

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    If I hear a noise or see a light that I can't explain I blame it, in order, on the below....

1 - Space Aliens
    2 - Magic
    3 - Ghosts
    4 - God
    5 - Gilbert Gottfried
    7 - Satan
    8 - Santa Claus
    10 - OSAMA BIN LADEN

You believe in Gilbert Gottfried?

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I believe in trolls.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

1 - Space Aliens
    2 - Magic
    3 - Ghosts
    4 - God
    5 - Gilbert Gottfried
    7 - Satan
    8 - Santa Claus
    10 - OSAMA BIN LADEN

COAST TO COAST LISTENER REVEALED.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I used to work with a woman who talked about her experience with ghosts all the time. She used to live in an old house with a couple friends, and she said they'd hear the opening of drawers and doors and they'd go upstairs thinking it was another roommate and say, "Hey, who keeps opening my desk drawer?" or "Do you have to slam the door like that?" There was never anyone there. She also said that she heard the doorbell being rung at night, but there was never anyone there when she checked. She was the most ordinary woman, too, who scoffed at anything "weird" or that she didn't approve of. Kind of like Angela from The Office. It was odd hearing her recount ghost stories as she addressed envelopes when she herself turned her nose up at anything or anyone she thought was less than "normal."

The carbon monoxide levels in her house were probably just too high and they were most likely all just hallucinating.

I had a gullible South Korean roommate a couple years ago who was on a student visa. She was easily swayed by what she heard from others, and worried about whether or not she had AIDS every time she caught a cold. I had a room downstairs and the house (normally full with 5 of us) was pretty quiet and empty that summer. I saw her walking up the stairs from my desk in my room, stop, turn around, walk back down, look around. It wasn't normal behavior. Then she called my name hesitantly and I went over to check on her. She said she just saw something go by, but all there was in front of her was a blank wall. I had heard some strange sounds earlier (thought it was a mouse) and asked her if it was an animal. "No, not animal! Ghost!"

Although I don't believe in ghosts, the fact that she had seen/smelled/felt something so out of the ordinary that she would bring it up to me unnerved me a little. There were always people walking by outside, so it was most likely a shadow of someone from one of the windows. I asked her about it a couple days later, and she admitted that she was mistaken. Nevertheless, it did creep me out being alone on the ground floor that summer.

I had another former roommate who played a prank on someone she used to live with. She claimed she had seen some presence and said she felt convinced it was a ghost. The guy figured she was just messing with him, but she started doing stuff like running out of the bathroom with just a towel on, splashing water everywhere, claiming she saw a presence. She even went as far as asking to sleep on the floor of his bedroom bc she was too scared to be in her haunted room. Needless to say, she had that boy scared pretty badly. What an unorthodox form of flirting.

When we moved out of our old house and we got renters, my mom would go over to collect the rent check as well as to see how they were settling in. One of their little girls worked up the courage to come up to my mom and ask if the house was "h-h-hau-haunted." She was sleeping in my old bedroom, which always seemed haunt-less to me, although I did scare myself pretty badly by reading full-length novels about UFO encounters in junior high.

Plenty of stories, but no, I don't believe, and I've never seen a ghost.

Now that I've typed this, I'm going to start theorizing about crap and won't be able to sleep at night.

• Options
    Almond said:
    Now that I've typed this, I'm going to start theorizing about crap and won't be able to sleep at night.

Maybe that's why liquor is also called "spirits."

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    As for vampires, my great aunt was supposedly killed by one as a little girl. She was sent out to the farm to deliver a message to her father or fetch water or something. She got really sick that night and died shortly after. Now, this was in a poor village somewhere, before modern medicine and before the women in my father's family were considered worthy of actual medical attention, so the cause of her death was determined by some old woman who happened to be there at the time. She suspected that a vampire was responsible, so that's how history went down: she was killed by a vamp.

I prodded my dad for details. Were there fang marks? Did she appear to be drained of blood? Of course he just got annoyed because how the hell is he supposed to know when he wasn't even born yet.

The closest I've come to an actual vampire was this one guy I knew during my summer in DC. He was a nerdy IT guy, and had the whitest, pearliest teeth and perfect, porcelain skin which seemed to sparkle under the fluorescent lighting of the cafeteria. The planes of his face were exquisite, as if carved from marble. He looked just like the Twilight vampires! Except none of the Twilight vampires are gay. He also had a friend who had exceptionally large canine teeth, which were quite vampiresque. Once, after donating blood, he was in a sour mood because the nurses at the blood drive kept calling each other over to check out his "fang teeth." Ha!

I have other stories about demon children and shaman prophecies, but since I never actually experienced them myself, I'll just stop here.

• Of course, there is plenty of evidence via the "scie"ntific internet, web "portal" journal "Google Image". Do your research first idiot.

Look closer, you can see the apparition coming though into the "real" world, near the "girl".

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Theres a pub near where I live which had a supposedly haunted kitchen.

People working there would feel the room temperature drop and then see things shaking.

After years of spooked workers quitting their jobs, the dudes decided to call in a paranormal investigator (a science-based dude).

He discovered that there was an extractor fan which would come on automatically in the corner of the kitchen, generating a draft responsible for the chill people were feeling.

As for the shaking objects - the fan would operate at about the same frequency as a human eyeball, thus causing peoples eyeballs to resonate when it was on.

B/w

Look closely at this 1946 photo. Some say you can see a ghost (just to the left of the see-through kid playing in the grave).

• vinegarvinegar 56 Posts
    i believe in ghost writters