staying in tonight because...

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Its my last night of peace before my new upstairs neighbor moves in. She's been moving stuff in this week, and I had no idea that, despite weighing like 100 lbs, she walks like a Frickin' rhinoceros. All I'll be hearing after tonight is STOMP STOMP STOMP.

The cruel twist is that I'm the one who opened my big mouth and got her the place in the first place. What was I thinking? I don't know. Of all the times I've messed shit up for myself this might just take the cake. Ear plug recommendations anybody?

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    You should buy her a cushy pair of house slippers as a housewarming gift.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

real subtle like.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    areas of rug should be applied.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Okem said:

real subtle like.

Hahaha!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    The building manager has been up there all day getting things ready and I can barely hear HIM... I'm strategically placing ballet class coupons around the property as we speak.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Start banging her, your ceiling will be quiet.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Should I?

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    For the first four months of my current lease, my upstairs neighbor ran a daycare out of her apartment. Fully legal with permits and all. We had crying babies, kids stomping around and their shitty little dog barking at the madness. The worst part was that the way the house is set up, my bedroom is connected to their forier(?) (the back door of the house). I had a 6 AM screaming baby alarm clock Mon-Fri.

I can empathize.

Should I?

She cute?

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    Nicely mention to her how thin the floors are and how the stomping noise reverberates badly. She's probably completely unaware.

You should at least try before letting the resentment flow freely.