Once Popular Artists/Bands That No One Likes

124»

Comments

• Lionel Richie collaborated w Orrin Hatch on getting Dallas Austin sprung from prison in Dubai a couple of years ago. That's much more interesting than any of his music ever was.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Rick Wakeman
    Long about 1974, he was The Man as far as prog-rock went.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Pointers were as much of a rock/pop group than a soul group.

YWCC was #12 r&b and 11 pope
    How Long Bethca Got A Chick On The Side #1 r&b 20 pop
    He's so Shy 10r&b 3 pop (I don't even remember that one.)
    Slow Hand 7 r&b 2 pop
    Automatic 2 r&b 5 pop
    Jump 3 r&b 3 pop (Van Halen had a song called jump on the charts at the same time, and Aretha had Jump To It a few years earlier.)

Mostly they were a quirky hard to categorize group that struggled to find a place on radio and in the record stores.

ill have to disagree. they were prominant video artists during. the 80s. and could harmonize like a mofo..

ill agree that they werent a classic black girl group coming outta the late 60s steez. they hung around until new jack swing took over.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    batmon said:
    ill have to disagree. they were prominant video artists during. the 80s. and could harmonize like a mofo..

ill agree that they werent a classic black girl group coming outta the late 60s steez. they hung around until new jack swing took over.

For those of my age group (mid 30s) they were an 80s pop group (that was more popular than they were good).

I was surprised when I found out they did weird & good records in the 70s (and "The Number Song"!).

There's not much of their post-Blue Thumb output that I've ever been able to take seriously.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Pointers were as much of a rock/pop group than a soul group.

YWCC was #12 r&b and 11 pope
    How Long Bethca Got A Chick On The Side #1 r&b 20 pop
    He's so Shy 10r&b 3 pop (I don't even remember that one.)
    Slow Hand 7 r&b 2 pop
    Automatic 2 r&b 5 pop
    Jump 3 r&b 3 pop (Van Halen had a song called jump on the charts at the same time, and Aretha had Jump To It a few years earlier.)

Mostly they were a quirky hard to categorize group that struggled to find a place on radio and in the record stores.

What are we disagreeing about? That I didn't mention mtv? Or did I say they couldn't sing?