ALERT: POSSIBLE INCOMING CLONN

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
One of my co-workers just informed me that her 20-year-old little brother???who is apparently pretty sharp and on the road to being a doctor???is on the verge of taking a one year hiatus from school to come to New York and attend Dubspot DJ school in hopes of becoming a world-famous electronic music producer and DJ. She asked me for advice, so after explaining the hazards of pinning your career hopes on the modern music industry, I told her that he should come to Soulstrut and start a thread saying that he is thinking of becoming a DJ. Please be on the lookout for a posteur who answers that description, and be prepared to clonn his dreams into a smoking pile of rubble.

Thank you. That is all.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Apparently the prospect of becoming a Doctor isn't as attractive as it used to be.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    oh man
    thanks for the heads up, I already have about 5 solid points for him.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Apparently the prospect of becoming a Doctor isn't as attractive as it used to be.

thanks again Obamacare!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Ha! Still, at least people don't download hospital care for free from the internet. And nobody asks their podiatrist for a teeth cleaning in the middle of a foot check-up.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Lol

*rubbing hands together in anticipation*

DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

Ha! Still, at least people don't download hospital care for free from the internet. And nobody asks their podiatrist for a teeth cleaning in the middle of a foot check-up.

I don't know....I bet you folks could get this done when they go to the Doc to get their foot extracted from their mouth.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Does he need to come to NY to learn how to DJ?

Does he want to "make music" or be famous?

I think DJ school is corny, but he's still young enuff to pursue a dream, even if he has a suspect view of what being a famous producer is in 2011.

That "Madonna come to New York and be a star" steez is mad antiquated.

• when and if he does join and post here, it would make me happy if everyone fronted like they were putting their DJ careers on hold to pursue their lifelong dreams of becoming doctors.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    when did dj schools become a 'thing'? the mid-ninties?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i saw DJ academy's in Quito, Ecuador and was shocked
    and they are always electro/???urotrance related (easy BPM,bullshit gigs in wack clubs where DJs don't matter MC mariomix related)

Working in bars I learned early on to never hire a bartender that went to "Bartender School".

I can only assume the same is true for DJ's.

Rockadelic said:
    Working in bars I learned early on to never hire a bartender that went to "Bartender School".

I was thinking the same thing last night. I've never met a bartender or a DJ that went to bartender or DJ school.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    Is this all just the set-up for an alias?

It better be good DB.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    when and if he does join and post here, it would make me happy if everyone fronted like they were putting their DJ careers on hold to pursue their lifelong dreams of becoming doctors.

This

And this.

Duderonomy said:
    Is this all just the set-up for an alias?

It better be good DB.

Nope. Just a kid with too much money and a bad idea who needs to be set straight. Preferably with extreme clonn prejudice.

Of course, I'm not above setting up a joke, as you well know. But the only alias I ever tried to set up was one called "Chelsea Clubs", so I could clonn on some dude. It didn't get approved, and I lost interest.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I look at DJ school like I do 'Rock Camps'.

I mean, the whole reason I wanted play rock is because I could figure it out myself and didn't need lessons or learn how to read music. That, and to hang with other misfits, the kind of people who would get kicked out of camp.

I guess it's cool if people have fun there, but there's no way in hell I would ever have gone to one.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    I went to Bartending school, then went on to a one year career as a bartender. My "school" let you work at a bar for free (for one night) that would allow you to use them as a reference. Worked perfectly to get my foot in the door of a shitty industry. Don't miss bartending at all.

barjesus said:
    I went to Bartending school, then went on to a one year career as a bartender. My "school" let you work at a bar for free (for one night) that would allow you to use them as a reference. Worked perfectly to get my foot in the door of a shitty industry. Don't miss bartending at all.

Bartending is the fast track to assistant restaurant manager, though. So there's that.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    barjesus said:

Bartending is the fast track to assistant restaurant manager, though. So there's that.

Shit, I blew it. Should have been more patient.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

hahahaha

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

hahahaha