"staying on top of music that isn't rap or dance music related." Re: Cosmo

2»

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

I can't really get with Adele. The Jamie XX remix is interesting doe. (although half the song will be completely lost listening on pc speakers.)

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Not feeling the de-tuned voice, but yeah, it's a good remix in that it's nothing like the og.

Not rap, not dance music, and comes complete w/ glorious-yet-typically OTT review @ boomkat:

**Absolutely deadly Hand-stamped white label from this bespoke imprint - strictly limited copies!!!** 7"s of devastating dub soul by Joe White, backed up with a brain-wrecking dub transformation from an unknown source. It's all very hush hush about who's behind this, but we'd strongly recommend checking the samples for some high grade low-end treatments featuring Joe's glorious lead vocal. The dry, stepping dub in particular is just deadly.

It does sound good doe: http://boomkat.com/vinyl/373999-joe-white-unknown-you-ll-never-know-another-love-like-mine-version

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Wat.. the dropped vocal is the best bit.

b/w

• I've been liking this band lately.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

cause i know soulstrut will just love it.

Okem said:

Pish. The hand clapping on the remix reminds me of around 2000 when every rap/rnb tune from US involved 'divali' handclapping riddims and a guest verse from Elephant Man or somebody.

A mash up of the Rolling Stones melody with the remix could be good. But get rid of them detuned vocals!

• youknowyouknow said:
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    any balam acab fans up in here?

yeah, i dug his latest ep - his only ep, i believe.

See birds is in the background of the new loreal ad w beyonce now

• Duderonomy said:
    Not feeling the de-tuned voice, but yeah, it's a good remix in that it's nothing like the og.

Not rap, not dance music, and comes complete w/ glorious-yet-typically OTT review @ boomkat:

**Absolutely deadly Hand-stamped white label from this bespoke imprint - strictly limited copies!!!** 7"s of devastating dub soul by Joe White, backed up with a brain-wrecking dub transformation from an unknown source. It's all very hush hush about who's behind this, but we'd strongly recommend checking the samples for some high grade low-end treatments featuring Joe's glorious lead vocal. The dry, stepping dub in particular is just deadly.

It does sound good doe: http://boomkat.com/vinyl/373999-joe-white-unknown-you-ll-never-know-another-love-like-mine-version

Trust me, it's excellent. A friend made it, but u havent heard of him (no one special-r). Very high end mastering process. It's for dub fanatics really doe. Lovely soulful reggae joint on the a and deep homemade dub on the flip. The b side is the one.

• hands down the coolest "new" metal band out there...from France of all places

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Okem said:
    You and I know that--too bad Dude XX doesn't. He clips the drop too much and doesn't ride it long enough or well enough, when it's obviously the dark heart of the fucking thing. If he'd knuckled up and committed to it, hadn't retreated into by-the-numbers stutter and the little synth bits, shit could've gone to a really interesting place. Dude's got a bonafide sea monster for a few seconds there; too bad he turns it loose.

Anyway, I'm rocking Deathly Fighter's Completely Dusted. Shitty mastering and lots of bad vibes, but I can tell they're fellow travelers. Relaxing in the way that Suicide records can be relaxing.

I really like those two Outer Limits Recordings 45s, too--all four sides. I am of two minds on the lp. All of Brooklyn awaits my decision, I am sure.

I just drank a cup of Lapsang Souchong tea that tasted more or less like a hardware store. I'm with it.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    whats new?

• chasechase 767 Posts
    whats new?

Autonomic show (02.03.2011) on Rinse FM (http://www.mediafire.com/?mficqfcpnk9swfp)

01. [00:00:00] Omar S - Here's Your Trance, Now Dance! [FXHE]
    02. [00:05:48] AFX - Love 7 [Rephlex]
    03. [00:08:22] Axel Boman - Holy Love (feat. J Jonason) [Pampa]
    04. [00:11:24] SCB - Loss [Aus Music]
    05. [00:14:30] Those Guys - Tonite [MCA]
    06. [00:25:50] ??? - ??? [???]
    07. [00:29:55] Slum Village - Reunion (feat. J Dilla) [Capitol]
    08. [00:32:15] Blawan - Hollow It Out [???]
    09. [00:34:59] Bochum Welt - Arnos Park [Rephlex]
    10. [00:37:58] Palmskin Productions - Evolution Of The Beast (Autechre Mix) [Mo Wax]
    11. [00:42:00] ??? - ??? [???]
    12. [00:43:00] Autechre - Second Peng [Warp]
    13. [00:47:15] ??? - ??? [???]
    14. [00:50:22] Jon Convex - ??? [???]
    15. [00:54:05] Tyler Creator- VCR/Wheels [OFWGKTA]
    16. [00:55:35] FaltyDL - Mean Streets [Swamp 81]
    17. [00:59:10] DJ Shadow - Midnight In A Perfect World [Mo Wax]
    18. [01:01:35] Endian - ??? [Nonplus]
    19. [01:05:38] Joy Orbison - Ellipsis [???]
    20. [01:09:23] Scuba - Feel It [Hotflush]
    21. [01:13:39] Instra:mental - Vicodin (Skudge Warehouse Remix) [NakedLunch]
    22. [01:16:12] Zed Bias - Music Deep Inside [Swamp 81]
    23. [01:22:33] ??? - ??? [???]
    24. [01:25:15] Boddika - Soul What [Swamp 81]
    25. [01:28:29] Boddika & Joy O - Swims [Swamp 81]
    26. [01:32:10] Spank Rock - Backyard Betty (??? Remix) [???]
    27. [01:34:11] Instra:mental - Pyramid [3024]
    28. [01:36:10] Breach - Fatherless [PTN]
    29. [01:41:38] ??? - ??? [???]
    30. [01:43:39] Hardrive - Deep Inside (Pearson Sound Refix) [Night Slugs]
    31. [01:46:37] Boddika - Windy [Swamp 81]
    32. [01:49:11] Tyree feat. Kool Rock Steady - Turn Up The Bass (Hip Hop) [D.J. International]
    33. [01:53:06] Rodd Lee - Let Me See What Your Working With (Pearson Sound Remix) [???]
    34. [01:56:12] Joy O - Wade In [Hotflush]
    35. [01:59:30] ??? - ??? [???]
    36. [02:01:54] Addison Groove - Make Um' Bounce [Tectonic]

:face_melt: