The Strutter Who Most Strongly Shares Your Musical Tastes?

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Most folks here came to compulsive record buying music listening either through hiphop or through rock.

I started digging through a love of blues/folk/country/soul/jazz. Rock was something that was always there, but not my thing, and hip hop was a half a year away.

I think the only other guy who comes close to that start/focus is pickwick.
    Rockadelic also, but he is so deep into rock, and I only play around with the rootsy stuff and Beatles.

But we all share a love of Mayfield, Gaye and Wonder so I am close to all you all.
    Anyone who likes Jay Dee is ok with me, I don't care when they started listening.

I admire (and envy) the deep Brazilian and Latin guys, but I just listen to whatever Brazilian and Latin stuff falls in my lap, so I will never be there. [Maybe that's a, who do you wish you shared musical tastes with? thread.]

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Not to be nasty or anything but I'm trying to figure out why anyone considers America to be a rock band.

Every record store I have ever been in has had America filed in the Rock section.

I've been in record stores that wouldn't let America records in the door, but I know what you mean.

I know you can't help yourself from taking shots at America at every opportunity.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Not to be nasty or anything but I'm trying to figure out why anyone considers America to be a rock band.

Hey Bob,

Well, I guess you could say it's more "folk", though some of their stuff has rock leanings. Anyway, the point of the story was the mental picture of Black, hip-hop dudes entering my room to find me listening to America. This is pretty atypical among the brothers.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

^^^Needs to be a Movie scene^^^

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Just because America sucks doesn't mean they are not rock.

I guess that boots me off Big Stacks list.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Just because America sucks doesn't mean they are not rock.

I guess that boots me off Big Stacks list.

Hey Laser Wolf (and Bob),

It's all good, man. Everyone is entitled to their preferences.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:

Every record store I have ever been in has had America filed in the Rock section.

I've been in record stores that wouldn't let America records in the door, but I know what you mean.

I know you can't help yourself from taking shots at America at every opportunity.

Softball delivered and swung at!