Hasidic Jew Appreciation

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Matisyahu Anyone check this guy out yet? Watch his video here:http://www.ormusic.com/ecard/matisyahu/ This guy's for real. DJ Ferrari

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i was driving through the hasidic neighborhood in williamsburg w/ my boy dave and cardova, and dave said, "what happens when someone looses their hat?"

"have you seen my hat? it's big black and round."

• Them dudes can't drive for shit. I hate driving in outer Brooklyn...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Them dudes can't drive for shit. I hate driving in outer Brooklyn...

whats up with buick minivans

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i really hate that guy... he's a ex-Phish fan hippy from Westchester who converted a few years ago... his music is painfully bad (ie. sounds like white hippie reggae) and he plays up that hasidic thing... i.e. people go "wow, a hasidic dude who plays reggae, that's nuts", but it's not quite as interesting when you find out he's an ex-deadhead rich kid from upstate who converted...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i really hate that guy... he's a ex-Phish fan hippy from Westchester who converted a few years ago... his music is painfully bad (ie. sounds like white hippie reggae) and he plays up that hasidic thing... i.e. people go "wow, a hasidic dude who plays reggae, that's nuts", but it's not quite as interesting when you find out he's an ex-deadhead rich kid from upstate who converted...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Oh no... all my roommates tastes in hippy music must be rubbing off on me

For real, I think this guy's legit even though I figured he'd get hated on here.

DJ Ferrari

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Oh no... all my roommates tastes in hippy music must be rubbing off on me

For real, I think this guy's legit even though I figured he'd get hated on here.

DJ Ferrari

A ligiit ex-deadhead who just converted and now wants to make money off the Jewish religion by being a parody of himself?

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    wasnt dude on star search, or one of those top singer shit shows.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

A ligiit ex-deadhead who just converted and now wants to make money off the Jewish religion by being a parody of himself?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Bad use of the word on my part... his music is legit in my book. I don't care if he's

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    his music sucks big donkey balls

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    his music sucks big donkey balls

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    MY grandma lives in Jew central here in Hollywood. All her neighbors are chasidic and on Fridays they practice the sabbath devoutly. For me this really sucks cause it means you can't do any "work" and work includes pulling toilet paper sheets off the roll, flicking light switches or usuing a remote.

A few times we've go knows on the door from the neighbors asking if we could come over and turn off light switches and pull topilet paper. Chasidic folk got a weird sense of work.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    A few times we've go knows on the door from the neighbors asking if we could come over and turn off light switches and pull topilet paper. Chasidic folk got a weird sense of work.

If somebody did that shit to me they'd ge the Jehovah's Witness treatment. Obviously if they're not supposed to wipe their asses then they shouldn't be trying to cut corners either.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    This thread is hilarious.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

If somebody did that shit to me they'd ge the Jehovah's Witness treatment. Obviously if they're not supposed to wipe their asses then they shouldn't be trying to cut corners either.

no you're allowed to wipe your ass, your just supposed to pre-pull enough toilet paper to get you through from Friday nigh to Saturday night. Luckily the Jewish diet is fairly low in bran

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

no you're allowed to wipe your ass, your just supposed to pre-pull enough toilet paper to get you through from Friday nigh to Saturday night. Luckily the Jewish diet is fairly low in bran

Bummer. I was thinking of becoming religious just so that I could hire people to wipe my ass for me on fridays.

h

• I live in a large Hasidic neighborhood and I got nothin' but love for them.

First, the Dunkin' Donuts by my house (a big hangout for them) has gone completely kosher so they now serve vegetarian sausage and vegetarian bacon only, no real meat (cause of the meat/cheese belief). Right on.

Second, on the weekend all year round the cute Hacid girls walk around (no driving on the Sabbath dammit!) looking like an army of hot librarians, hair all pulled back, long skirts, tight sweaters, yeah!

Third, quiet, quiet, quiet. Especially on the weekends. I'm getting older, that matters.

Fourth, sometimes when I'm at the market or the gas station and there are lots of the Hacids around, I like to pretend I live in New York or Europe. Oakland county can get pretty sterile and mid-western and this helps.

The only thing I don't like is that they wear all black and sometimes they're kinda hard to see late at night when I'm coming home. They jay walk like crazy right on the main road by my house where there's a few temples and Jewish community centers. There have been a few close calls. But they've been in this neighborhood longer than me so I'm the one who has to adjust my speed and vision I guess. I'd probably also have this problem if I lived in a Goth neighborhood.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)