Facebook Sh*t (NRR)

beatstew72beatstew72 314 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
decided to make a facebook profile for our monthly party as a person, rather than a page. we have a musician page with 400 people who "like" it. problem with those is you can't send invites to those people.
i've been trying to make friend requests with those people, and after about 40, i get blocked by facebook for several days, claiming i'm sending spam or hitting up strangers.

are there any ways to get past this b.s.?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Myspace

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Don't do it, there's nothing more annoying on fb than getting personal messages from a promoter. Just create events like everyone else.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Make a flyer and copy it 1000x at Kinkos!

Knit-vites are also hot right now. But you have to know someone who can knit.

Or go retro and start an email list.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    barjesus said:
    there's nothing more annoying on fb than getting personal messages from a promoter.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    The sure shot is to just tag every single friend you have on all your flier pics. So necessary.

Seriously though, people like free stuff and feeling like they found out about some great secret. So drink specials and round about advertising is best. Make sure you are posted up on the venues website/calendar and register your event with local alt-rag.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    barjesus said:
    Don't do it, there's nothing more annoying on fb than getting personal messages from a promoter. Just create events like everyone else.

That, and don't invite people who don't live within 100-200 miles of you. Seriously. That schitt is annoying.

• i'm talking about people who come to the night already, are fans...send them a facebook invite, then they can invite their friends, so on...

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    batmon said:
    Myspace

hahaha!