Disco/Club cover songs - What is the deal?

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Mike's Whatnauts Vs. Fat Larry thread got me thinking. Please to post some nice disco/club joints and cover versions.....

THE CLASSIC.....

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Street Player. Most people don't know that the Chicago version is a cover of the Rufus song "Street Player." The cat who was playing keyboards in Rufus wrote the song and he went to play with Chicago after Rufus. Chicago then did a cover version. I think both versions are great.......

Forgot about this version........

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    Street Player. Most people don't know that the Chicago version is a cover of the Rufus song "Street Player." The cat who was playing keyboards in Rufus wrote the song and he went to play with Chicago after Rufus. Chicago then did a cover version. I think both versions are great.......

I never knew that. Thanks Chan!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I didn't realise that this was a cover of a Sugarloaf song until recently:

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

Robert Palmer sure did a lot of cover songs!

The Cherrelle version is still fire! Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis were killin' it........

• Herm said:
    Big_Chan said:

Me neither!

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Just discovered this cover version recently

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    Herm said:
    Big_Chan said:

me neither! cheers!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Original: Buari "Advice From Father" (75)

Cover: The Bombers "Shake" (79)

OK, so it's not a straight cover version, but the Bombers track is definitely biting it's bassline + synth brass theme from Buari.

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    What up Sir Chanson? Cool topic. An obvious one but I did'nt see it posted here yet:

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Big_Chan said:
    Mike's Whatnauts Vs. Fat Larry thread got me thinking. Please to post some nice disco/club joints and cover versions.....

THE CLASSIC.....

Not a bad cover version......

The Odyssey cover is cool, but I prefer Richie Havens' take on it: